When I delete messages they do not stay deleted?
Arcoogan

Why is this happening? I just chatted for an hour with an apple representative and tried the following:

-Reset all settings under settings > general > reset
-Installed a new update and tried again

Neither of these things worked so I was then told to contact my carrier who they said may be "pushing" the messages so they reappear even after I delete a conversation.

I need help. I'm trying to shrink the "other" data section and messages are a part of that. I need these conversations to stay gone for good. (I only want to keep around 8 of them.)

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: When I delete messages they do not stay deleted?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Arcoogan, this is definitely out of the ordinary! When you delete the SMS messages do you get an error message or does it say it will delete and then it appears again? Go to Settings, General, scroll down to Spotlight search and tap messages to uncheck it. This will erase the history of text messages. After this is complete delete conversations and then sync your phone to iTunes which will erase any items marked for deletion. Keep us posted if this works!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Arcoogan

I have already done this prior to posting about my issue and it did not resolve it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying the above steps, Arcoogan. With regards to the messages that are reappearing, are they SMS, iMessages, or both?

Arcoogan, these messages might also be backed up via iCloud. I would attempt maybe deleting past history, if you do not need it, and then create a new iCloud backup. I also recommend dialing *228, and choosing option 1 to program/update your phone. (This will not delete data.)

If this does not help, we can always refresh certain account settings from our end, and see if this will help. I have sent you a follow request. Just follow back, and send us a DM. This way we may process the updates. Thank you Arcoogan.

- NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes