Wanting to get my wife the iPhone..but she can't upgrade until december 11
skerfan2284

My wife absolutely hates her phone. She has mentioned she would like the iphone, but she isnt eligible to upgrade until December of 2011. Does anyone know of any way to get around this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wanting to get my wife the iPhone..but she can't upgrade until december 11
nismos14
Contributor - Level 1
Call verizon if you get a nice enough rep, they may help you out and let you upgrade early for $20 fee, and sometimes even then they'll waive the $20 fee.
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

skerfan2284 wrote:

My wife absolutely hates her phone. She has mentioned she would like the iphone, but she isnt eligible to upgrade until December of 2011. Does anyone know of any way to get around this?

You can actually upgrade at ANY time. If you have not completed enough of your contract, though, you will not receive discounted pricing and will have to pay full retail for the upgrade.

Just seems to be a question of "how much your wife hates her phone, how much she wants the iPhone and how much you love her".:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Oooh, rcschnoor ... way to play the "how much you love her" card. He'd better hope she never reads this thread, if she doesn't get one.

OP, if you, understandably, don't want to pay $700 for a phone, waiting isn't entirely bad ... she can see if anything new comes out this year.

If you are thinking of paying full retail or buying elsewhere, one thing that might sway you is Verizon has made it clear that unlimited data plans for the iPhone are for a limited time. Rumor is they might be gone by this summer, but no confirmation on that.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

is it a family plan? are any other phones eligable? and if so would they swap with her, thereby extending thier contract.

0 Likes
wsanders

There are Verizon iPhone 4's available on EBay, but they are not a whole lot less then what you would pay for a non discounted one.

0 Likes
skerfan2284

So, in reality...i should try to get her one ASAP, that way she is grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan before it goes away?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If the unlimited plan goes away and then she gets a device she can't get the unlimited plan.

If you already have the unlimited plan that greatly increases the chance of her keeping the unlimited plan.

I got iPhone solely for the battery life lol.  If they had a 2GB plan for less than $25 I would have gotten that instead AND I would always be under it running 3G all day pretty much.  Right now I average 800MB with wifi turned on here and there.

0 Likes