Wait'll you get a load of this!
IamBatdan

I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years.We have a family plan with 4 phones and you'd think this would mean something to a company. Well not to Verizon. I am so throughly displeased with Verizon right now I am also about to make a change. I own a retail establishment and if I EVER treated my customers anything like we are being treated, wow we would be out of business.

Will try to make this short.. Began on 3Feb at 1Am as I tried to order the "New Iphone" for my wife as this is all she could and can talk about. I start going through the steps and find out that I can not order one because I am a "cash only" customer. Huh, what is this? I am not sure what this is or how this happened? I tried everything I could to change it on-line and then tried to call customer "not" service.  Now you would think with the biggest release of a product they have had in many years they would have a special customer service set up for this release. Na, that might make sense. So once again I hit a dead end. So basically I watched for 4 weeks these emails wit my wife, all this build up.  I stayed up till 1 am to buy it and still no Iphone. 

So I call customer service and they tell me because I had some issues with paying them with checks I will be place in cash only status for 6 months from the date of the last check.  But wait, once again I tried to explain, and the "Customer" service agent said,"I am having a hard time reading the notes"  I had called in and asked them t post date a check for 7 days and they sent it through that day, so yes it did not go through.  So who's fault is that?  Sure it's my fault for not having money in there, but I made the agreement with Verizin for them to send it through in 7 DAYS! So know I am a "Cash only" because VERIZON made a mistake? The "Customer service" Agent wasn't hearing any of that and transferred me to financial services.  Financial services said they would take the block off for 24 hours hours so I could order the phone. At this point I was tired of talking to "customer service" agents who kept interupting me and who didn't want to listen to anything I had to say, so I said fine.

Now we are to 12 Feb (yesterday) and we return from a working trip,  expecting to return to an Iphone. No Iphone, surprise. I check the high speed, low drag internet  system Verizon has set up, no information. I call Verizon's regular "customer service", surprise the are closed....but wait. Can you believe Verizon has a special section set up for the Iphone! I have to give kudo's where they are due and they are open. :smileyhappy: The first agent I get must have been very confused because I mysteriously got disconnected. The second agent was very helpful. He discovered, now get this, that my Iphone was cancelled because once it was ready to ship I was a cash only customer and my credit card could not be charged! HA, a cash only customer!  So his solution is to repeatedly tell me that,"Sir all you have to do is go down to your local store and get your Iphone."  If I had wanted to do that I would have done that to begin and it still doesn't resolve my other issues that no one wants to deal with.

As anyone can tell in my writing I am a sarcastic person, however I am fair and I try very hard to never interupt anyone, because I hate to be interupted. I always try to treat people with the respect I want to be trreated with.  I do however expect someone to fix this issue and no one seems to be able to.

So, if your thinking about going with Verizon, I truely hoped this help you decide a little easier...

Dan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wait'll you get a load of this!
lou61166
Contributor - Level 1

IamBatdan wrote:

I have been a Verizon customer for over 10 years.We have a family plan with 4 phones and you'd think this would mean something to a company. Well not to Verizon. I am so throughly displeased with Verizon right now I am also about to make a change. I own a retail establishment and if I EVER treated my customers anything like we are being treated, wow we would be out of business.

Will try to make this short.. Began on 3Feb at 1Am as I tried to order the "New Iphone" for my wife as this is all she could and can talk about. I start going through the steps and find out that I can not order one because I am a "cash only" customer. Huh, what is this? I am not sure what this is or how this happened? I tried everything I could to change it on-line and then tried to call customer "not" service.  Now you would think with the biggest release of a product they have had in many years they would have a special customer service set up for this release. Na, that might make sense. So once again I hit a dead end. So basically I watched for 4 weeks these emails wit my wife, all this build up.  I stayed up till 1 am to buy it and still no Iphone. 

So I call customer service and they tell me because I had some issues with paying them with checks I will be place in cash only status for 6 months from the date of the last check.  But wait, once again I tried to explain, and the "Customer" service agent said,"I am having a hard time reading the notes"  I had called in and asked them t post date a check for 7 days and they sent it through that day, so yes it did not go through.  So who's fault is that?  Sure it's my fault for not having money in there, but I made the agreement with Verizin for them to send it through in 7 DAYS! So know I am a "Cash only" because VERIZON made a mistake? The "Customer service" Agent wasn't hearing any of that and transferred me to financial services.  Financial services said they would take the block off for 24 hours hours so I could order the phone. At this point I was tired of talking to "customer service" agents who kept interupting me and who didn't want to listen to anything I had to say, so I said fine.

Now we are to 12 Feb (yesterday) and we return from a working trip,  expecting to return to an Iphone. No Iphone, surprise. I check the high speed, low drag internet  system Verizon has set up, no information. I call Verizon's regular "customer service", surprise the are closed....but wait. Can you believe Verizon has a special section set up for the Iphone! I have to give kudo's where they are due and they are open. :smileyhappy: The first agent I get must have been very confused because I mysteriously got disconnected. The second agent was very helpful. He discovered, now get this, that my Iphone was cancelled because once it was ready to ship I was a cash only customer and my credit card could not be charged! HA, a cash only customer!  So his solution is to repeatedly tell me that,"Sir all you have to do is go down to your local store and get your Iphone."  If I had wanted to do that I would have done that to begin and it still doesn't resolve my other issues that no one wants to deal with.

As anyone can tell in my writing I am a sarcastic person, however I am fair and I try very hard to never interupt anyone, because I hate to be interupted. I always try to treat people with the respect I want to be trreated with.  I do however expect someone to fix this issue and no one seems to be able to.

So, if your thinking about going with Verizon, I truely hoped this help you decide a little easier...

Dan

Lesson learned first off never give a buisness a check if you do not have the money to cover it,i would rather be late with a payment then use any kind of bill pay or realeasing a check to pay a bill with insuffiecent funds,as for a using a creit card just buy a prepaid one and make sure it has a least a dollar on it,when a company attempts to use a credit card it will charge a dollar and put it in a pending state,then just walk into verizon store in a day or 2 with a good check and pay for the phone.maybe to late now.

Verizon Fios
Ultimate HD
25/25 fiber internet

0 Likes
budone
Legend

IamBatdan wrote:

So I call customer service and they tell me because I had some issues with paying them with checks I will be place in cash only status for 6 months from the date of the last check.  But wait, once again I tried to explain, and the "Customer" service agent said,"I am having a hard time reading the notes"  I had called in and asked them t post date a check for 7 days and they sent it through that day, so yes it did not go through.  So who's fault is that?  Sure it's my fault for not having money in there, but I made the agreement with Verizin for them to send it through in 7 DAYS! Did you call financial services or the regular CSR number?  But why send a check you know will not be good??? When did you request them to hold the check???  I wonder if VZW attempted to cash the check and was denied. That would automatically place you on cash only with no way to resolve. 

So know I am a "Cash only" because VERIZON made a mistake? The "Customer service" Agent wasn't hearing any of that and transferred me to financial services.  Financial services said they would take the block off for 24 hours hours so I could order the phone. At this point I was tired of talking to "customer service" agents who kept interupting me and who didn't want to listen to anything I had to say, so I said fine.

Dan

0 Likes
infinity12402

im not really seeing how this is vzws fault. like someone said, dont send a check if you dont have the money

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

Don't blame Verizon {please keep your posts courteous}. If you can't afford your normal bill and have to wait until you have enough funds available then you cannot afford the iPhone.

0 Likes
jwdunning
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, dont send a bounced check.  They are under no obligation to hold it for you.  Im pretty sure no one has a special "hold for 7 days" pile in their payment office, thats just insane.  Also if you cant even have enough money in your account to pay your phone bill how would you have 2 or 3 hundred bucks to drop on an iphone?

0 Likes
shipwrestler125
Enthusiast - Level 3

john5481 wrote:

Don't blame Verizon for your bad credit and poor money management. Companies don't want to be bothered with dead ends. If you can't afford your normal bill and have to wait until you have enough funds available then you cannot afford the iPhone.

Agree I love how people **bleep** and moan about verizon when this is 100% your fault. You paid with a check when you didnt have funds to cover it that is your fault not verizons. smh

0 Likes
IamBatdan

Maybe I didn't explain the credit card part. There was planty of money to pay or the phone.  Problem was once again the cash customer issue, which they placed on me again.  I agree about giving the business acheck.  A har lessoned learned, but that was their solution to hving the phone disconneted..  

0 Likes
budone
Legend

IamBatdan wrote:

Maybe I didn't explain the credit card part. There was planty of money to pay or the phone.  Problem was once again the cash customer issue, which they placed on me again.  I agree about giving the business acheck.  A har lessoned learned, but that was their solution to hving the phone disconneted..  

We see the CC is good, but you sent a bad check which kills off the option of using a CC for 6 months.  Bad debt if left to build will kill a company. Remember that one bad check costs VZW a chunk of change for accepting a check with insufficient funds.

It was a hard lesson learned.

To add to your edit. Why not just date the check 7 days later?? Because they most liekely would not catch the fact it is post dated??  You know how many MILLIONS of checks they receive monthly. How will they pull yours out and hold it? Not feasible. 

I don't know your version below seems different than your original. I will say, the title of your subject says it all, "Wait till you get a Load of this"

Good Luck

0 Likes
IamBatdan

OK maybe I didn't explain.  The agrement with Verizon and I was that I would give them the check, they woud hold fi for 7 days,them knowing it would not be good for 7days.  They knew it would not be good for 7 days.  Somehow it got sent anyway.  I don't intentionally bounce checks, and yes I pay my bill every month. It's fine. I will take it up with Verizon.  Thanks.

0 Likes