Vz Navigator
ericreinhardt
Contributor - Level 1
Hi i signed up for Vz Navigator and downloaded the app from the app store. They set me the text with the code and I entered into to app but for some reason it still does not work. It's been a few days and I have have deleted and reinstalled the app and entered the new code they sent. Still doesn't work. Has anyone else have this problem.

Eric
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Vz Navigator
Michaelvzn
Contributor - Level 1

was the application activated on your billing - i believe there is an additional charge for verizon navigator and it may be possilbe while downloaded its not officially activated ?

0 Likes
ericreinhardt
Contributor - Level 1
Yeh it was activated on my account for 4.99 a month. Spoke to someone at Verizon and they walked me through a couple of steps but with no luck. They actually opened a ticket for me. Also if u read the reviews about the app other people are having the same problem.
0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Isn't $4.99 the weekly charge? I think monthly is $9.99 and daily is $2.99. 

0 Likes
ericreinhardt
Contributor - Level 1
Na it's 4.99 a month for the iPhone.
0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

ericreinhardt wrote:
Hi i signed up for Vz Navigator and downloaded the app from the app store. They set me the text with the code and I entered into to app but for some reason it still does not work. It's been a few days and I have have deleted and reinstalled the app and entered the new code they sent. Still doesn't work. Has anyone else have this problem.

Eric

Try restoring your iPhone as this may resolve unresponsive application issues. Please find restoring instructions at the link below:

iPhone Restoring Instructions

0 Likes
angiebaby

have been having the same problem. I had the app on my account, and paid for it. I went to use it and it said I needed to upgrade. I tried deleting the app, reinstalling it, etc. I called the Helpless Desk at Verizon and they told me to reset my network settings. It still isn't working. I call tech support and they are no help. I have removed the app again from my phone and account as it does not work, and the help desk is not helping me with issue. 

0 Likes
angiebaby

tried the restoring my iphone and that didn't work as well. 

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the feedback. As a suggestion, please try removing and reinstalling the VZ Navigator application. As an existing VZ Navigator user, please backup recent and favorites by selecting Options, Sync with Web on your iPhone device. You can restore their recent and favorites at a later date when the next version of VZ Navigator for the iPhone 4 is released. Please bear in mind, not performing this step may cause the loss of your VZ Navigator recent and favorites.

How to download VZ Navigator and VZ Navigator Maps:

1. Launch the App store from the icon on the device.
  2. Select the Search button at the bottom of the App store.
  3. Tap the search bar to bring up the keyboard.
  4. Type VZ Navigator and select the search button. VZ Navigator will be listed on the screen.

Select VZ Navigator, select the blue button in the upper right hand corner to start the download, and select the green install button.  Once it is done loading, you can start VZ Navigator by selecting the icon. The App Store will ask you to verify your iTunes Account. Please enter your password to continue.  Then select the $4.99 option, being billed to your line. This will place VZ Navigator icon on your screen and finish the installation.  However, if you are asked to upgrade VZ Navigator the app, please use these steps below. Once the app has been updated, then it should work better. To get VZ Navigator (voice guided instructions), follow the steps below for downloading and subscribing to VZ Navigator. No more application downloads are required.

To upgrade VZ Navigator:

1. Select Menu, preferences, my Account and select Subscribe. (An alternate entry point is selecting the green Navigate button.)
  2.  Te app will ask if an upgrade is desired, select Yes and follow the on-screen prompts to enter your mobile number and select, Apply. A Pin number will be sent to your phone via a message.
  3. Enter the Pin into the  VZ Navigator screen and select Apply. The upgrade will be process the current version of VZ Navigator.

For more assistance, please use this link: http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/VZ_Navigator/faq.html?grp=1&faq=2

0 Likes