Re: Verizon worker is a jerk
WithVZWLongTime
Enthusiast - Level 2

You forgot to include the cost of the insurance in your little cost comparison: (Insurance cost per month * number of months paid prior claim filing) + $169 insurance deductible = Total replacement cost if using insurance or rather Total Protection Plan - the official name per Verizon billing statement.  If an Activation Fee is charged for the replacement, that would also impact the total cost to replace it also.

Glad you love your iPhone 4.

Personally, I believe the quality of Verizon's customer service has rapidly degraded since they got in bed with Apple.  My VZW Tech friends at my local store forewarned me about the coming changes due to the concessions Verizon made to Apple to get the iPhone.  Concessions they would not have had to make if they had accepted Apple's iPhone in the beginning instead of first rejecting it and looking like fools when it flourished on an inferior network. Live and learn, but do not learn the wrong thing.

0 Likes
WithVZWLongTime
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, since the iPhone arrived on Verizon, the quality of the Customer Service HAS greatly degraded and in rapid fashion.

Prior to February 2011, I could count on one finger the number of times I had been mistreated or had a Verizon employee handle an issue rudely. Since February 2011, I have run out of hands to count the number of times this has happened. 

Recently, an in ept Tech Support idiot accidentally suspended my service (but it could only be seen on the technical side) while troubleshooting an issue I was having with text messaging. When he called me back five minutes later to see if the issue had been resolved and received the "temporarily disconnected" recording, he didn't even get an inkling that he must have done something wrong AND sent me a test stating "I can't call you back" NEVER mentioning that he was NOW getting that recording.  This was approximately 1:45 pm CST.  When I realized I could no longer MAKE CALLS, I called 611 and got runaround after runaround after runaround.  My son had to take off work to come check on me because I am disabled and was home alone without any means of contacting anyone in case of an emergency.  After repeated calls to Verizon a Level 2 Tech decided to check EVERY setting for my phone in EVERY Verizon system then at approximately 11:30 PM after my having been on the phone more than 2 hours, he FINALLY DISCOVERED the issue fixed it in two seconds, and explained and apologized for the "inconvenience".  INCONVENIENCE?! 

They put my family through this UNNECESSARY NIGHTMARE and it was merely an INCONVENIENCE to them.  I had to call back three times before anyone would send the feedback to the Tech's supervisor and the reps all acted as if it was no big deal. To this day Verizon has not offered us ANY compensation for my being without service due to this Tech's negligence.

Today, I get one of those not so friendly reminders - "return the defective device....or be charged full retail price" - more than 1 1/2 days AFTER FedEx delivered the device Verizon.  Verizon employee's explanation: "Oh, out system just probably hadn't updated yet."   So Verizon's idea of good customer service now is to annoy and badger customers rather than have their systems update in real-time?

Truly saddening.

I remember telling a friend who has AT&T that I would NEVER go back to AT&T's atrocious Customer Service and that I would ALWAYS be loyal to Verizon PRECISELY BECAUSE of their Customer Service. (on more than one occassion)

Verizon no longer cares whether "we (customers) can hear them now" or whether we can "rule the air" because they hold all the cards and don't have to be nice. 

I just feel let down and sad now because of ALL the companies with whom I do business Verizon WAS a FIVE-STAR STELLAR STANDOUT IN CUSTOMER SERVICE. Now Verizon is just like the rest: overcharge 'em and continue to reduce service.

If they complain, well, in the words of Marie, "Let them eat cake!"

Extremely disappointed.

JojoHunter

I just wanted to let everyone know that the the woman who assisted me on the phone today was amazing. If you ever get a chance to talk to Lauren from Tampa she is very helpful. I hope verizion gets to see this post

0 Likes