VERIZON Label at top vanished again! Cannot see PRL Version iOS5
brachus

Just updated to iOS5 last night. Everything was looking good until I used *228 to update my service. Once it completed, the Verizon label disappeared.

I tried resetting the network settings with no luck.

*#5005*4357# is also no longer working. I get a recorded Verizon message instead.

I'm a former Alltel customer still on the converted/mixed Alltel plan.

Brachus

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VERIZON Label at top vanished again! Cannot see PRL Version iOS5
brachus12
Enthusiast - Level 2

wolfpack2011 wrote:

Dial *228 and use option #2!  Worked for me!!

wolfpack: that's what CAUSED the issue in the first place.

***Idiotic VZW Community site is FORCING me to create a new SSO account that is completely UNLINKED to my old one!***

However, I used the new tip to check my PRL version: 30075

I tried the *228 update again this morning and now everything appears normal! PRL Version: 30273

So VZW silently corrected things on their end and is hoping no one noticed.

Anyone else with this issue should try to update again.

Thanks for the assistance!

Brachus

View solution in original post

0 Likes
brachus

Network on the About screen now says "Not Available" as well.

This is like when I first purchased the iPhone and had to wait on an update for everything to get fixed.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Contact Verizon. Since you were an Alltel customer it may be something they need to do in the system to correct the issue. If I remember correctly a lot of fromer Alltel customers had issues during the Feb iPhone 4 release.

0 Likes
NAMO
Enthusiast - Level 2
I too am having same issue. I'm former Alltel as well. Please let me know if you called Verizon and what they said.
Thanks.
0 Likes
brachus

Anyone and Everyone with this issue NEEDS to call into Verizon. It will be like last time. They won't acknowledge or act on it until enough of us former Alltel customers report the issue.

I spoke with "Larry" at Verizon and he said he would look into it and get back to me. He said he was NOT opening a support ticket on my call. So until the number of complaints start increasing, they won't do anything.

0 Likes
CrimsonKnight30

Same problem.  Annoying.  There's no need for this crap.  I've been having tons of dropped calls and thought I would update the roaming list and now my network information is not listed and the verizon logo does not appear on the screen.  If that's the limit of the problem, I'm not sure it's worth getting up in arms, but it's annoying.  I mean it's not like Verizon couldn't have tested this before the official roll-out of the iphone ios5.

0 Likes
jsczeb
Enthusiast - Level 3

IOS 5 update changed the way the PRL is retireved. Previous IOS 4 versions required dialing the number listed but now here's how to get your current PRL:

* Settings*

*General*

*About*

When you see the *carrier* tab it will show * Carrier*,  1 tap on it shows current PRL version, tap again shows ERI version.

0 Likes
wolfpack2011

0 Likes
MarcusI
Enthusiast - Level 3

If the above *228 option 2 does not work try

*22801 option 1

The fact that you are getting a verizon recording is a good sign that the phone is registering your either your meid or mtn correctly and should just need to be OTA programmed again.

Hope this helps,

MI

0 Likes
brachus12
Enthusiast - Level 2

wolfpack2011 wrote:

wolfpack: that's what CAUSED the issue in the first place.

***Idiotic VZW Community site is FORCING me to create a new SSO account that is completely UNLINKED to my old one!***

However, I used the new tip to check my PRL version: 30075

I tried the *228 update again this morning and now everything appears normal! PRL Version: 30273

So VZW silently corrected things on their end and is hoping no one noticed.

Anyone else with this issue should try to update again.

Thanks for the assistance!

Brachus

0 Likes