Update cannot be installed because it requires at least 3.8 GB
Kbisso

I am trying to upgrade to iOS 7 but it I need more room but I only have 2.3 GB available.  The only way to free up enough room is to delete all my music and photos.  Is there another solution?  If I delete is there a way to get them back?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update cannot be installed because it requires at least 3.8 GB
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure your device is up to date, Kbisso. Do you iTunes on your computer? Have you attempted to update the software via iTunes?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to ensure your device is up to date, Kbisso. Do you iTunes on your computer? Have you attempted to update the software via iTunes?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kbisso

No, I have not tried updated using iTunes.  I will try that next.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That will do no good via iTunes. Yesterday or the day before I upgraded 5 idevices. Four of them have 64 GB of storage. However not loaded up and it showed available storage space as sufficient.

Spent good part of the day first upgrading the icloud storage to a higher amount. (.99 cents a month so no big deal) went in and deleted Apple apps like garage band and other high capacity use apps from Apple. Finally the update took place and it dragged on.

After the phone was set up I noticed those same Apple Apps I deleted all were back on the iphones and iPads.

I visited the Apple forums and found loads of posts saying they had huge space but would not update. Many did as I did. Many said it was a scam to put more storage on icloud/backup now called idrive.

Keep trying. Oh its iOS 8 not iOS 7

Good Luck

0 Likes
Kbisso

Well that's just great.  I guess I'll stay with an old version.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Its really not that bad.

If you temporarily remove the photos and music to your computer just do the update.

It is easy via the cable from the iPhone into a USB port on your computer.

Open up the music and photos from the iPhone and drag and drop to a folder you make on your desktop.

Make two of them. Music and Photo and you should be OK.

Good Luck

0 Likes