Unlocking
FranLeon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a current Verizon US customer and upgraded to an iphone 6.   I am travelling to the Philippines for visit and I would like to use my iphone 4S using a local sim card from either Smart Communication or Globe Philippines.  I am told that the iphone should be unlock for their respective sim cards to work.   What's the process of unlocking this phone 4S?   In my research, this should be covered under the CTIA that was recently signed into Law.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unlocking
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FranLeon,

The Philippines sounds like the makings of a fantastic trip and I can certainly understand wanting to be able use your phone while there. The good news is that the iPhone 4s is indeed already unlocked for use outside of the country. If you wish to use a local SIM card while there, you would have to contact that carrier for additional assistance. I hope that you enjoy your trip.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: Unlocking
FranLeon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for answering my question and should I have any issues in Manila. I will simply show them this response as proof.   Kudos to you and to your team for your prompt response.

Regards

Noel

0 Likes