Unlock iPhone 4S with expired contract
Dutchman7

Hi,

I live in the united states with my wife and my parents live in Spain.

Both my wife and I are active members/contract holders of a verizon wireless lines with each an iPhone 5s.

We both upgraded from an iPhone 4S to an iPhone 5S when our contract expired and agreed to a new contract with the new phones (5S).

Right now I'm in Spain with my parents and I brought my wife's old iPhone 4S so my mother can upgrade from my old iPhone 3GS to my wife's iPhone 4S. The only problem is that its still locked and it doesn't accept the Spanish wireless provider Simyo.

My wife and I both:

• are active members with active lines at Verizon Wireless
  • live in the united states
  • upgraded from an iPhone 4S to an iPhone 5S (and are currently using our 5S)

Now I would like to unlock my wife's old iPhone 4S so it will accept the new Simyo provider.

Like the title explains: the contract that paired the iPhone 4S got upgraded to an iPhone 5S, therefor I understand that the iPhone can be unlocked by the provider since there is no contract that binds the "lock".

How do I unlock the iPhone 4S while i'm in Spain? (extra info, if any action is required on the United States network without requiring the phone to be on US grounds, my wife can make the call since she's still at home).

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unlock iPhone 4S with expired contract
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's nice that you are able to repurpose your iPhone 4S for your parents, Dutchman7. In order for the iPhone 4S to be unlocked for global use, you would need to contact our Global Support. You can call them at any timewhile out of the country using the dialing instructions in the following link or your wife can call 800-711-8300 for assistance. http://vz.to/1d3Ori1

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes