Unable to receive calls (and sometimes send) since noon today PST
blynn_s

Was planning on sending this more privately via e-mail but doesn't look like Verizon Wireless support has one (?). Basically, I've been on the phone with support for the past hour and a half and after speaking with two technically three representatives and I've yet to receive help. I reached out on Twitter via DM to the support account as well and no response.

Me, and a few other coworkers who also use Verizon (4S, 4S, and Android, respectively), have been unable to receive calls since noon today, i.e. within the past 3.5 hours (PDT). They go straight to voicemail and sometimes we're unable to even make calls, having either a significant delay or immediate 'call fail' after trying to connect.

I was instructed to go to *228 and get a service update, which has led to me successfully receiving phone calls only from the representative. However, calls attempted from others still go to voicemail and my coworkers are still unable to take calls, too. What's the deal? 3G service, SMS, etc all seem to be fine, it's just the actual calls. I've tried calling back specific customer service reps but I get a message attempting to redirect me to the main support line. This is incredibly frustrating, to say the least. Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to receive calls (and sometimes send) since noon today PST
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello blynn_s

The ability to make and receive calls is super important on a cell phone. After all, that's the primary reason as to why we all have phones, to stay connected while on the go! Rest assured that we are eager to get this resolved as soon as possible for you. May I ask what iOS and carrier version do you have installed on the phone? Also, have you reset the network settings on the iPhone. Steps here:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Once you have done this then please reboot & retest. If the issue persist then I would suggest doing a restore using iTunes on a computer. For assistance on performing a restore, here's a link for your review.

http://bit.ly/1SQOwI

Once you have done so please retest all voice and data services for proper functionality. If the issue persist after the restore then we may need to escalate this. Please keep us posted.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes