Unable to order 4S with Government account
TheMurph544
My company (local government) has been unable to order the 4s. Here is what our gov account rep is telling us:

10/14 - "Unfortunately the new iPhone is only available through an ordering system that we can’t use for Government. I’m going to process it for you as soon as there is a way too, but I’m not sure when that will be unfortunately.  I will keep you updated."

10/21 - "Unfortunately we still have not had any luck yet.  Someone told me today that it may be not until the first week or two of November, but hopefully it will not take that long."

Has anyone else heard of this? Why would we not be able to order the 4s, just because we are government?

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to order 4S with Government account
SRH786

TheMurph544 wrote:
My company (local government) has been unable to order the 4s. Here is what our gov account rep is telling us:

10/14 - "Unfortunately the new iPhone is only available through an ordering system that we can’t use for Government. I’m going to process it for you as soon as there is a way too, but I’m not sure when that will be unfortunately.  I will keep you updated."

10/21 - "Unfortunately we still have not had any luck yet.  Someone told me today that it may be not until the first week or two of November, but hopefully it will not take that long."

Has anyone else heard of this? Why would we not be able to order the 4s, just because we are government?

Thanks

I had similar problems. Our rep was not able to place the order until the 14th because of the government/state discount. However, on the 14th the rep was able to order it and I got my confirmation email on the afternoon of 14th. Government entities get a discount on the plan and accessories (nothing on the phone itself) so that's probably why. But your rep should have been able to push the order through on the 14th.

0 Likes
matt_b
I'm on government plan. Pre ordered through business web site on the 7th. Received three of them on the 14th. Out rep said he wouldn't be able to process anything until the 14th buy using the website worked fine.
0 Likes
TheMurph544

Thanks for the responses. I do know a few people who get a Government discount on their personal account, that when they ordered their 4S’s it said they were not eligible for a discount, but they ordered it anyway. I think since we are a corporate Government account, and we don’t do our ordering online, that our sales rep just isn’t sure what to do. I can only assume it’s because they are not allowing for the phone to be discounted. But why can’t we order it at list price? And he tells us he has talked to his people and there is no resolution.

0 Likes