Unable to make outgoing calls
AnneLouise

I am suddenly unable to make outgoing calls from my iPhone 4s. 

I've tried resetting network settings, toggling airplane mode on and off, and all the other tricks and tips I've been able to found online.  Any help appreciated.  I'd call Apple or Verizon for support but I'm traveling and can't use my phone to make calls. 

I haven't changed any settings on my phone - I am traveling right now and had the phone in airplane mode during my flight.  It worked ONCE after that and not since.

I am able to send and receive texts AND I can receive incoming calls. 

I'd be most grateful for any tips or tricks or suggestions 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to make outgoing calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AnneLouise,

We can fully understand how important it is to having a working phone especially when you are traveling.

Please put the phone into Airplane Mode. Power the device off and back on. Then remove from Airplane Mode and power cycle the device again. This should fix any issues you may have with it.

Safe Travels!

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Peg_55

This didn't work! I was able to make a call last night. Internet is working. Don't know about calls incoming--have not received any--don't know if that's because there haven't been any or they are not coming through. Texts cannot be sent nor calls out...HELP! Needing to make calls concerning my job!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having service issues Peg_55. I know this is frustrating but we are here to help. Whats your zipcode? Have you tried resetting network settings? Here are the steps http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/47779 . Also power cycle and keep us posted. If you're using a 3rd partying messaging application, please disable it temporarily and text out your text.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes