Unable to join the network
Aeladya

I've been having issues trying to connect to the router in our home. It connected fine the first day (which was last week) and was working fine for a couple of days, but then the other day it randomly disconnected me. So when I went back in to connect again it told me I was "unable to join the network". I read this guide that said to go into Reset and reset the network connections. It worked. So today when it happened again I tried to do the same thing, but it wouldn't work. It refuses to connect to our router and keeps giving me the same error.

I am also having problems with the charging of my phone. Occasionally I will charge it overnight from midnight or so to about 9 AM, I know I shouldn't charge it overnight, but I really don't have any other time to charge it. The problem is, sometimes it will stop charging at 96 or 97% and say that it's finished. I had run the battery down the day after I got it (as I was trying to set it up with iTunes and get my music on it the first day), so I don't think that's the problem. I've also noticed the phone was rather warm today and was wondering how warm the iPhone was supposed to get. Granted it wasn't overheating, but I have bad luck with phones and wanted to make sure. I have no apps running in the background, I clear them out on a regular basis to help conserve battery life.

Thank you for your time and patience. -Aeladya

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to join the network
JaySean
Contributor - Level 1

try turning off your router , wait 30 seconds and turn it back on.

turn your phone off by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button until the slider appears on the screen. Slide across the screen and turn it off. Turn it back on by holding down the sleep/wake buttons until the apple logo appears

Try reconnecting to your router, and this may or may not work but you can take the phone closer to the router as well when you are trying to connect.

All iphones get warm with some usage but not hot to the point where you can't hold the phone. You shouldn't have anything to worry about unless its a bad battery.

good luck

cheers

JaySean

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Unable to join the network
JaySean
Contributor - Level 1

try turning off your router , wait 30 seconds and turn it back on.

turn your phone off by pressing and holding the sleep/wake button until the slider appears on the screen. Slide across the screen and turn it off. Turn it back on by holding down the sleep/wake buttons until the apple logo appears

Try reconnecting to your router, and this may or may not work but you can take the phone closer to the router as well when you are trying to connect.

All iphones get warm with some usage but not hot to the point where you can't hold the phone. You shouldn't have anything to worry about unless its a bad battery.

good luck

cheers

JaySean

0 Likes