Turn off Personal Hotspot?
prthorsenjr

Howdy,

I just got my iPhone 4 32G from Verizon over the weekend and noticed that in Settings -> General -> Network that the Personal Hotspot is constantly turning (or spinning).  No doubt using battery power.  I can't find out how to turn it off.  If at some time in the future I want to use it I'll call Verizon and pay for it but at this time I don't see a need for it.

Does anyone know how to turn it off?

Any and all help is appreciated,

Thanks,

Pete

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Turn off Personal Hotspot?
nitekram

I am seeing the same thing - if someone has an answer - that would be great, please post.

0 Likes
nismos14
Contributor - Level 1

That means it is not enabled and is not doing anything, it's not using any battery.if you let it sit for a moment it will stop spinning. It only does that when you initially enter the settings menu.

0 Likes
nitekram

OK, make sence (i guess), but why can you not enter into it? Nothing happens when I press the button, or do you need to set it up first with verizon?

0 Likes
nismos14
Contributor - Level 1

It needs to be setup, I doubt most people would like to set it up accidentally and be charged for it... it would certainly get quite costly.

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2
I don't have that happening on mine (I don't think anyway). Just make sure it's off. Go to setting, general, network, find hotspur and be sure it's off.
0 Likes