Trying to cancel iphone 4 order
thenoname

Hi, 

This morning at 3 AM I ordered my iPhone 4. I then found out that you can order it through apple.com and pick it up at your apple store. I cancelled the verizonwireless.com order and went to order it through apple.com and it's saying that there is already an existing order. I've waited for about 4 hours and I'm still getting the same error. I've called apple and verizon and both are giving me the run around. 

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how did you fix the situation?

Thanks,

Matt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trying to cancel iphone 4 order
budone
Legend

I think you will need to wait for the phone to be delivered, hopefully tomorrow

0 Likes
NSesta1687
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh boy...I KNEW that would happen and that's just why I didn't do just that...I ordered at 3 a.m. and at that time Apple wasn't offering that option on their web site...7 a.m. they were.   I was tempted to do just what you did but somehow I knew knowing how Verizon operates and how slow their systems are to update I didn't want to take the chance...

That really sucks!   Hope you don't miss out now and have to stand in line because of this...My bet is that it'll take an entire business day or more with VZW...had more problems with them than not with their systems taking days to update..

0 Likes
thenoname

Hi, just giving an update.

I waited in line at the store today because the order was still not cancelled. Even at the store they couldn't sell me the phone at the reduced price. What they did do though is sell it to me at the full price, and then apparently when the cancellation finally goes through, my credit card will be refunded the difference.

Also, a bunch of the other people in line were in the same boat.

I hope this actually works...

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

Good luck with that. Orders cannot be cancelled. I would return the full priced phone ASAP and just BE PATIENT!

0 Likes
thenoname
No the order has already been cancelled...apparently it takes a few days to process.

When it wasnt being processed fast enough I tried to get them to reinstate the original order but they said they couldnt. It was either get the phone today or have to wait on back order.
0 Likes
colrip7

I have 4 phones on the family plan.  I ordered two Iphones on the 3rd. One phone arrived 2 days later.  I called about the 2nd phone and was told they were out of stock.  I called again a day later and was told this time that there was an error in the order and it had to be entered manually (this was the same order as the phone I had already recvd). They also told me that I would not be receiving the phone because of a glitch in the system. They would cancel the order and I would have to reorder.  This was on the 8th.

I tried to reorder, but was unable to because of "Pending Order".  I called Verizon again, and was told they would remove the order.

I tried again to order and still had the "Pending Order".  I called Verizon again (on the 9th).  They said they would remove the order, but it would take 24 hours.

I tried to order again on the 10th, but was still unable to because of "Pending Order".  I called Verizon again.

They assured me the order would be cleared up by the end of the day, but if I wanted the phone before the weekend, I should place a new order for a third eligible line I have, and we would change the number over once the "Pending Order" was removed on the first line. I agreed (foolishly) because they said they would expedite the order, I would receive the phone by Friday the 11th, and the Pending Order would be removed. I had to hang up, place the order on the 3rd line, wait for the reference # to be emailed to me, then call Verizon back to give them the Ref #.  I did that and explained that the order was supposed to be expedited and sent out that day.  The woman assured me she would take care of it.

Now it is the 11th, and I have not recvd a shipping notice, and now both phones have "Pending Order" on them.  I called Verizon again.  She assured me (do I sound gullible) the "Pending Order" on the first phone would be gone in 24 to 48 hours, but also told me the phone for the 3rd line had not shipped.  I asked why, as it was supposed to be expedited.  She said there was no record of me calling back with the new Ref #.  

So, I have been misled several times, lied to at least once, and brushed off I don't know how many times. 

Come Monday, we will see if I have a 2nd Iphone, and if I have a line without a "Pending Order" that I can register it to.  I am now betting I end up with 2 more Iphones (one of which I don't want), and they probably won't ship till the end of next week.

And to think I could have just dealt with Apple and not had any of these problems.

0 Likes
agarcia34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Weird I canclled my order in the Verizon store on there laptop and a few seconds after doing that I was at the front desk getting my iphone.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

agarcia34 wrote:

Weird I canclled my order in the Verizon store on there laptop and a few seconds after doing that I was at the front desk getting my iphone.

tou can cancel an order before it's been processed. once it has been processed though, they can not cancel it. you have to either refuse delivery, or recieve it and return it.

0 Likes
agarcia34
Enthusiast - Level 3

AZSALUKI wrote:

agarcia34 wrote:

tou can cancel an order before it's been processed. once it has been processed though, they can not cancel it. you have to either refuse delivery, or recieve it and return it.

When I cancelled the order It said "we recived your order and it's in process" hit the cancel button put in the last for of the account holder social confirm that I do wanna cancel the order and then they sent me this emal

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/7173/82246730.png

that email was sent at 12:12 I was outta the Verizon store at 12:20 at the latest.

0 Likes