Travel to Tanzania
Sy_Snootles

I'm traveling to Tanzania next week with my Iphone 4s.  I plan to use just the WiFi but would like to have access to phone only if there's an emergency.  I've been reading the posts about travel and am confused as to how to limit roaming costs.

1. Do I turn both Cellular Data and Data Roaming off?
  2. Do I go use Airplane Mode with Wifi on?
  3. Also will I be able to make a phone call in Tanzania if there's an emergency?

Sorry about repeating a common question. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Travel to Tanzania
Not applicable

Hello Sy_Snootles!

What an exciting trip! I understand the importance of having your phone ready for usage in case of an emergency! You will be able to use your phone in Tanzania. You would first need to contact our Global Support team to have your SIM activated for International use. Their  number is 800-711-8300. You can turn your cellular connection off while there to avoid charges. You can go to Settings>Network and turn Cellular Data, Voice Roaming, and Data Roaming off. WiFi is great option while you're roaming! You will still be able to use WiFi. Airplane mode will also allow you to turn any cellular connection off. Once, you turn airplane mode on, you will need to go back in to turn the WiFi on. Either option will suit your needs! You were on the right track with your questions!

Here is link with the rates: http://businessportals.verizonwireless.com/international/traveling_to/Africa/Tanzania.html

Enjoy your trip! Let us know if you need anything else.

Katie H

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes