Re: Transferring contacts from Moto Droid to iPhone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Verizon's Backup Assistant was and is not available for the Motorola DROID (1) and the HTC DROID Eris. It was available for later android phones on Verizon Wireless's network. Either the application was available for download on the Market or it came preloaded with the android phone. However if you checked the Market now, you won't find Verizon's Backup Assistant app on there anymore.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

IF you ever sync'd your phone with Google then all you need to do is turn on Google sync within iTunes.  It will sync your contacts from Google servers to your iPhone(it's only one way).

I am not sure if Motorola has an export option which you could export your contacts to SD card, load it up on Outlook or Adress book, and then sync your iPhone.

0 Likes
masonmom1109

, my bad...I had Droid X and it was on there. The google way

1. Export the contacts as a .*CSV using one of the following Personal Information Managers.

1. Outlook®/Outlook Express/Windows Mail
    2. Palm® Desktop Manager
    3. Entourage
  2. Import the .*CSV contacts into Gmail™.

If you do not have a Gmail account, follow the instruction below:

1. Navigate to http://mail.google.com/mail/signup.
    2. Fill out the Create an Account form and submit.
  3. Log into the existing Gmail account on the new Android™ device. The contacts will sync automatically over the air.

0 Likes