Transfer Pics fm iPhone to PC
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

I know I can e-mail pics from my iPhone to myself to get them on my computer. However, you can only e-mail one pic at a time. I just came back from a trip and I have 65 pics on my iPnone. How do I get them onto my computer ?

richie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transfer Pics fm iPhone to PC
Guysplace
Enthusiast - Level 2

Connect your iPhone to your computer by USB cable. (Don't even need iTunes running for this) Then open up Windows Explorer.

Click on My Computer, Click on the folder that has your iPhones name on it. This will opem up and show all the pictures and movies from your camera roll on your phone. Select the ones you want and then copy and paste them to your computer. 

If you right click on the folder and then select properties, you ca then select the 'events' tab and setup so that each time you connect your iPhone it will automatically download your pictures to a file.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Guysplace
Enthusiast - Level 2

Connect your iPhone to your computer by USB cable. (Don't even need iTunes running for this) Then open up Windows Explorer.

Click on My Computer, Click on the folder that has your iPhones name on it. This will opem up and show all the pictures and movies from your camera roll on your phone. Select the ones you want and then copy and paste them to your computer. 

If you right click on the folder and then select properties, you ca then select the 'events' tab and setup so that each time you connect your iPhone it will automatically download your pictures to a file.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can also use iCloud if you have set it up...just turn on the Photo Stream on any device that you want to use it with (if you have an iPod for example) and have iCloud downloaded to your computer then your photos will automatically be uploaded to the iCloud and then downloaded to your devices (including computer) when connected to wifi.

0 Likes
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

Guysplace,

It worked, sooooo easy. Thanks for your help. Someone else mentioned iCloud, I have no idea what that is, I think it only comes with the new iPhone S.

richie

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

richie72846 wrote:

Guysplace,

It worked, sooooo easy. Thanks for your help. Someone else mentioned iCloud, I have no idea what that is, I think it only comes with the new iPhone S.

richie

No, the iCloud can be used with any iOS 5 device (iPhone 4 included IF you updated your iOS to the new iOS 5, which can be done for free). Look at the following link for info:http://www.apple.com/icloud/what-is.html

0 Likes
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

1.Thanks for the link. After reading about the Cloud, I'm trying to figure out if you install it on your computer does it replace the iTunes folder or is it a separate new folder ?

2.Also read this....

>>To enable iCloud on your Windows PC, install the iCloud Control Panel for Windows (Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or Windows 7 required). <<<

That's a problem for me, my PC is running Windows XP.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

No, it doesn't replace your iTunes folder at all. On your computer a program for iCloud manager is downloaded, but it does not affect your iTunes setup at all...to actually go into the iCloud account you would go to iCloud.com and log in. Hope that makes sense. A link on the Apple Support forums might give you more answers...or you can ask questions in it...https://discussions.apple.com/community/icloud/icloud_on_my_pc

Ok...just saw that you are working with XP...you can still use iCloud...you just can't use the PC sync portion of it (to the best of my knowledge) since XP isn't supported.

0 Likes
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

You could launch itunes on your PC and in the advanced tab you could turn on home sharing. Then on your iphone, ipod, ipad go into settings and scroll down to music or video and in there is the option to turn on home sharing. Once you get them set up you`ll be able to access all your itunes music,apps, videos and pics with any apple device that you own. Take a picture with your iphone and display it on your tv through apple tv if you have one. 

0 Likes
richie72846
Contributor - Level 1

galaxie500fb said    >> Take a picture with your iphone and display it on your tv through apple tv if you have one. <<

Looks like in order to do that you need an iPhone 4S and iCloud. This is what it says about apple tv.

AirPlay Mirroring and Photo Stream.

With AirPlay mirroring, whatever’s playing on your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S can wirelessly play on your HDTV.3 And your photos appear automatically with Photo Stream4 in iCloud.

0 Likes
energybell

Connect iPhone to your computer. In iTunes, select iPhone in the sidebar, then click the Summary tab. Deselect “Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected.” You can always sync by clicking the Sync button.

Prevent automatic syncing for all iPhones and iPods:

In iTunes choose iTunes > Preferences (on a Mac) or Edit > Preferences (on a PC), click Devices, and select “Disable automatic syncing for all iPhones and iPods.”

If this checkbox is selected, iPhone won’t sync automatically, even if “Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected” is selected in the Summary pane.

BTW; On a Mac, iPhone photo's don't sync onto Mac automatically, (unless using iCloud or something). They will back up onto your Mac if that is checked though.

Hope it helped you.

0 Likes