To protect or not to protect...
DaZOU
Enthusiast - Level 2
Screen protector? What do you guys think. Leaning heavily towards a good case without a screen protector.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: To protect or not to protect...
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

I have a case but no screen protector. The glass on the FRONT is pretty strong and scratch resistant. The back is easier to scratch.

0 Likes
Tandemfemme

^^ that was my thinking as well. i'm keeping the back covered from scratches but the glass shouldn't have a problem (if it is made of the same materials they make helicopter windshields out of like they claim!)

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Tandemfemme wrote:

^^ that was my thinking as well. i'm keeping the back covered from scratches but the glass shouldn't have a problem (if it is made of the same materials they make helicopter windshields out of like they claim!)

At the same time...in the manual you can down load it makes mention that a coating they used will wear down over time or after rubbing (to clean oils, prints, etc) and can become prone to scratches. So it's something worth thinking about....I think it's a personal choice of course, but after reading that in the manual it's possibly something others may want to consider.

0 Likes
carpediemgal
Contributor - Level 1

Walmart had 3 set protectors by casemate on sale for $9.98.  Yes, for iPHONE 4 and it fits perfectly.  You can't even see it is there.

I am taking the advice of my 25 year old son.  He said, "You better get one MOM, so you aren't sorry later.  Believe me!"

0 Likes
Zojourner

I have had many touchscreen phones and I always regret when I wait too long to get a screen protector (but I am  pretty rough on a phone...dirty work environment).  Capacitive touch screens like the iphone are less likely to scratch than resistive touchscreens (the difference between glass and poly film) but it is still scratchable if you try hard enough.   

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

I am using a screen protecter and the protecter for the back.  I also have a hard case to cover everything.

0 Likes
mpf189

I haven't used one for my ipod Touch and the screen doesn't seem to scratch at all. I also feel like the retina display doesn't look as great with a protector on, am I alone in thinking that?

0 Likes
lgreef

I just bought a screen protector from roboshields and i can barely tell it is on my phone plus its military grade. I love this material. They even made me a custom skin with picture of my dog that is scratch resistant.

0 Likes