This iPhone ordeal is everything wrong with America today
barnanimal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am very excited to finally get an iPhone. I wanted one since it first came out, but I had just switched to Verizon from AT&T and couldn't justify switching back. I also figured it would only be a short amount of time before Verizon got one also.

Fast forward some years and I resist getting a Droid and stick with my Blackberry Storm for the past two years hoping to finally get an iPhone.

We are such a society of NEED IT NOW and some people just look absolutely ridiculous:

1. Complaining about having to pay full retail: Like many have already said, if you've taken advantage of two-year contract pricing recently you just need to accept it.

2. Complaining about not getting the phone until Monday: It has been crazy to see the shift in opinion in the last 24 hours. The vast majority have gone from accepting that it will be available on or before the 10th (and knowing that when they purchased it) to being upset they hadn't been shipped to being upset they hadn't received a tracking number to being upset they are not receiving the phone today and most likely Monday. So a lot of the people that were complaining that "they shouldn't have preordered because they are getting it the same time as everyone else" are now complaining they are only getting it 3 days early instead of 5.

3. Complaining about VZW online ordering process: Saying how they ordered or will order from Apple, then complaining that the VZW orders are coming earlier. Common sense dictates that ordering from Verizon directly would be a little quicker, but maybe that's just me. And I'm willing to bet the majority of people here would have gladly paid an extra $50 to get the phone 3 days earlier. Personally, I would have.

4. Complaining about customer service reps: It's well-documented that from one customer service rep to another you will get a different answer, yet everyone is complaining about it. Also the hundreds of calls people are making asking the same questions that everyone else is unable to get an answer to, then complaining about it.

This has been a great way to pass the time at work the last few days, and I will admit it has been fun to kind of investigate how such a huge endeavor like this carries out. But assuming 100,000 phones were preordered and 1,000 of you are having issues, that is a tremendous accomplishment in my eyes. Plus, most of us will be getting the phones a few days earlier than the date WE AGREED to when we bought the phones.

I really can't find anything to complain about this process. I can understand why VZW kept insisting on or before 02/10/11 because I don't think some people could handle it otherwise.

Like I said, I am extremely excited to get this phone, but some people that are complaining about every little thing need to take a step back and realize how ridiculous they look.

I hope everyone gets their iPhone soon, especially me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: This iPhone ordeal is everything wrong with America today
saraya_kirk
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I love you. Haha. 

Totally agree... with everything! 

0 Likes
robwrx04

iPhone. Where is my iPhone?

0 Likes
kyomagi
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
Jack12

I hear ya.  Checking these forums many times during the day these past few days has built the hype up for me to a point of ridiculousness. I have become so stressed that I won't get this phone on the 12th of Feb, my upgrade date, that it has become hard to concentrate on every day things. I have driven miles out of the way to go to different Verizon stores to get my upgrade date changed, called customer service all to no avail. Yet I'm going out of town this weekend and I am going to find the nearest Verizon store there to see what they can do. I feel like I have lost my mind. I'm so close yet so far but I need to remember it's only a PHONE! Although I feel like nothing is going to curb this until the phone is in m hand. It is completely ridiculous and irrational. We are all going to get the iphone at some point and we need to just step back and relax.

0 Likes
dudervision

I couldn't agree more.  I teach online courses, so I spend a lot of time in front of my computer and following this discussion thread is a riot!   That said, I too have been kind of hanging on my fingers trying to figure out when I'm going to get this danged phone.  But, I think VWZ is actually doing a pretty good job, especially considering the spin that the blizzard has put on everything. 

0 Likes
JustinP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered a Verizon iPhone 4 case from Case-Mate yesterday and it hasn't shipped yet either.  I demand instant gratification.  There must be some sort of consipiracy against me.  I think I'll put my foil hat on and head to the shelter...

0 Likes
HellKatzX

I totally agree, but you have to admit it's kind of fun!   We've all been waiting so long, these last few days have been the hardest for sure!

0 Likes
iFudged

I got my million dollars...what is everyone complaining about?

0 Likes
JeffWinger
I couldn't agree more with the OP. We're all going to have the phone in our hands on or before the 10th, so people just need to relax! I mean, good grief, it's just a smart phone. This message board is engulfed in mass hysteria! I'm expecting my phone on the 10th. If it arrives earlier, I will be pleasantly surprised.
0 Likes