Re: The Verizon Data Scam
Not applicable

No one is using you teatime. Enough with the drama.

0 Likes
Not applicable

teatime wrote:

We had the same problem with verizon and we did not have this problem with sprint at all. I hate that they are using us and they payed me back what was charged because they started watching my usage since I started praying for them in the store around customers..lol

I would have thrown you out of the store or called the police.

0 Likes
Drumshadower
Enthusiast - Level 1

Data usage reminds me of the land line days when phone companies charged for long distance. It really didn't cost the phone company much (if anything), to have customers use long distance. It was merely creating a perception that it did or that there was some greater effort inside of it. Granted there may be some finer particulars I don't know about, but notice how largely when cell phones came into full effect, "Long Distance" vanished from the billing realm? I suspect that Data Usage is just another corporate conceived plan to bilk people for their hard earned dollars because it's just never enough to simply let the client enjoy what they have. Its always stressing them by metering every ounce of that enjoyment and Verizon then becomes little more than the IRS or the tax man vs a private company spurning taxation principles. Its one thing to make money and to do it with pleasantry, its another thing to have an industry collude and conspire to keep people in flux and chaos as they hyper worrry about their bill. It would be nice if some hardball journalist would really source this whole thing and expose it for probably what it is, a running joke on the consumer. Except for us, their customers, there's nothing funny about it, especially not inside of this economy.

t_h_arner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just recerntly had a similar situation with my new edge plan. I justed wanted to say that I have been a huge legacy and new verizon proponent customer for years. But, this is bad. VZW.com needs to offer a different data package. This is a ripoff and a scam to max profits.

I recently purchased a LG smart phone and Jetpack after getting rid of my iphone. I purchased a 4 Gig plan. Thinking that the 2 gig plan is not enough. I am thinking that the I can control the amount of data that I use and not go over the threshold. Wrong.  I went over the 4 gig mark toward the end of this month and after raising my plan up to 6 gigs it happened again 4 days before my cycle ended. Being charged $15 for overages is not fair. I download image files a the LAN that can be 43-5 gigs, large downloads are common. 

Now I can control my downloads and will do that, MS updates and the such, working on it. But the company should let people get used to living with their means by offering to get rid of the overage payments on proactive and interactive basis. The lady i spoke with about the issue was not understanding. She just told I change my plan and  raise the plan up to 8 gigs. Well some people can not just throw money at this. Hello?

If VZW and Verizon are going to control the countrys data plane and backbone they need to play fair. I should be able to purchase a fixed cost product and not be nickled and dimed to death. Since going to the share everything plan VZ profits are way up.  This is not right. This is highway robbery.