Texts I send appearing on my son's phone..
germai98

My son and I both have the iphone 4s.. I gave him his for christmas 2012.  If i send someone a text.. he sees it on his phone and if the person responds he also sees it.. how can i stop this from happening? At first, I thought it was only with some contacts we both have like his dad and a few cousins.. but now it happens even with people he doesn't have on his phone.. so if i send someone a text, he sees it on his phone and the response meant for me.. It's been about 2 months now.. can't figure out how to fix and it is getting annoying.. Any help would be soo appreciated..

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Texts I send appearing on my son's phone..
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you both sharing the same AppleID?  There is somewhere in the message setting to force the phone to send the iMessages via only the phone number and not through the AppleID.

Hopefully someone with an Apple device will reply and can clarify the exact steps for you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
germai98

yes we do share the same apple id.. i  know it has something to do with it..

i just turned off imessaging on his phone..

and testing.. hopefully it works..

thanks for the advice.

0 Likes
hepkit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I upgraded the OS on my iPhone 4S to 6.1.2, my daughter receives all texts that I receive (duplicate).  I'm worried about someone else's privacy being breached if they text me something that my 15 year old shouldn't see.  She has an iPhone 4.  I know it has something to do with sharing the same apple id, but I don't know how to fix it. 

0 Likes