Texting in Extended Network
khutch39

I have had my iphone since April and I didn't start having the problem until December. Every time I send a text, a specific contact receives a text that was sent to him hours or even days before. When I attempt to text him, he almost never receives what is actually sent. Occasionally when I start the conversation the first text sent will go through correctly but beyond that it does not work. He has verizon as well so one would think it would process correctly since its within the same network.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting in Extended Network
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

What have you done to try and fix the issue? Reset/restart/restore? Contacting VZW tech support for further investigation? *228 option 2? If you haven't tried any of these then you should to see if it helps. Also, regardless of which device the other person is using have them try dialing *228 option 2 to see if it helps on their end. Also, they should contact VZW if the issue persists.

Re: Texting in Extended Network
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello and thanks to kaebfly for your assistance! Hello to you as well, khutch39. Kaebfly has some terrific suggestions for how to resolve your messaging concerns. I would like to add that your contact's service provider can also be a great help in resolving this concern. If the provider is VZW, that's where I can help you as well! Please try kaebfly's suggestions and advise if this fixed your issue. If you're still experiencing messaging issues, you can consider your post on this thread to have gotten the attention of VZW because I will respond!  Thanks!

0 Likes