Switching from the plan I just upgraded to back to my grandfathered unlimited data plan
Jesslynn

I was forced into a new plan when I upgraded in January when before I had unlimited talk/text/data. I was unaware I was able to keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan because the sales representative just said my plan was not offered anymore (and with me as a customer unaware that we are able to keep our original plan when signing up it frustrates me that a representative would do such to their customers) and I'm wondering if I could get that plan back as I am somehow going over 4GB when I do nothing different than I did before (with unlimited data I still only used about 3-3 1/5 GB every month) I'm very unhappy with the change and am contemplating leaving Verizon if I am not able to change back as my bill is  $80 more than previously.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switching from the plan I just upgraded to back to my grandfathered unlimited data plan
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The change was effective June 2012; if you sign a new two-year contract, you lose unlimited data and are switched to a tiered data plan.  Unfortunately, unless you initiate the change request within 14 days of signing the new contract, there isn't anything you can do to get the old plan back.

Edit:  Actually, you would have had to return the phone within 14 days, pay the $35 restocking fee, and request a plan change request.  Then, as noted below, you'd have had to pay full retail price to keep the unlimited data, if it was returned (or buy a phone elsewhere, like ebay or swappa).

0 Likes
Re: Switching from the plan I just upgraded to back to my grandfathered unlimited data plan
Not applicable

Jesslynn wrote:

I was forced into a new plan when I upgraded in January when before I had unlimited talk/text/data. I was unaware I was able to keep my grandfathered unlimited data plan because the sales representative just said my plan was not offered anymore (and with me as a customer unaware that we are able to keep our original plan when signing up it frustrates me that a representative would do such to their customers) and I'm wondering if I could get that plan back as I am somehow going over 4GB when I do nothing different than I did before (with unlimited data I still only used about 3-3 1/5 GB every month) I'm very unhappy with the change and am contemplating leaving Verizon if I am not able to change back as my bill is  $80 more than previously.

You can only keep you unlimited plan if you paid full price for the phone you upgraded to. So even if Verizon would let you switch back to you old unlimited data plan you'd still have to pay full price for the phone. You got $400 lying around to do that?

0 Likes