Stolen Iphones
tiffycao4

I know I'm not the only one who has had their iPhone stolen, but if I have my iPhone box with the serial number. Since we all have Verizon, the only way the person who stole the iPhone can use it, is if they're Verizon also. So my question is, Why can't we call Verizon and ask them whose using the phone? Example; Our phone is stolen, we have the box, we call Verizon and ask them who is my using iPhone, we get the information and call the police or find out more information.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stolen Iphones
Tidbits
Legend

If someone stole it then it wouldn't be activated.  Since it is attached to your line and you don't have another phone on that line as well it can't be activated.  You have to report it stolen prior to switching phones, and anytime after that then it's not possible for them to know if you are telling the truth or a lie after it is activated on another line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

they can't activate it if it's tied to your account so verizon isn't going to be able to find it. have you tried logging in to your icloud account and tracking it? if it is on and it hasn't been hacked yet, then you can track it. if it's been jailbroken, then you wont find it (i think???) people can use it like an ipod touch, without activating it as a phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If someone stole it then it wouldn't be activated.  Since it is attached to your line and you don't have another phone on that line as well it can't be activated.  You have to report it stolen prior to switching phones, and anytime after that then it's not possible for them to know if you are telling the truth or a lie after it is activated on another line.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Have you suspended the phone?

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

Do you use iCloud?  And the Find My iPhone activated?  If so, simply log on to iCloud.com and locate the phone - provided Location Services is turned "ON".  You also have the ability to 1) Send a text message to the phone; 2) Swipe the phone; or 3) Send a Lock Code to the phone.  Be careful - if you swipe the phone, you no longer have the ability to locate it.

0 Likes