Status bar disappears
amanda_nj

I've had my iPhone for a couple of days now and the status bar doesn't stay visible. It's there on the lock screen as well as in an application, but when I unlock it, it disappears. I've tried to find a setting, but you're pretty limited with what you can choose from. Can anyone help me get it back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Status bar disappears
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are you referring to the battery symbol, time, "Verizon", WiFi or 3G symbols, and the signal bars not showing across the top of the screen when unlocked? Just trying to make sure. If that is what you are referring to I'm not sure what would make that disappear. Have you tried restarting or resetting your iPhone to see if that helps?

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

I'm no expert on the iPhone, so please don't shoot me if my suggestion is wrong. But on Androids, if you have a customization app currently running, it can make your status bar disappear.

I don't even know if there are customization apps for iPhones like there are for Androids, so I could be way off here, but it's the first thing that came to mind.

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

vereyezuhn wrote:

I'm no expert on the iPhone, so please don't shoot me if my suggestion is wrong. But on Androids, if you have a customization app currently running, it can make your status bar disappear.

I don't even know if there are customization apps for iPhones like there are for Androids, so I could be way off here, but it's the first thing that came to mind.

If the iPhone is

{edit for TOS violation}

, anything is possible, and there are some customization apps, so that could be a possibility

@OP, is your iPhone jailbroken at all?

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello amanda_nj,

Thank you for sharing this info on the forum so we can assist you. May I ask have you downloaded any apps to your device & if so, which ones. I would recommend doing a restore from Itunes on a PC/Mac. Once you have done this process, please verify that the status bar is present prior to adding any apps. Lastly, I would add the apps one at a time, just in case one of the apps may be causing the issue. Feel free to reply to this posting with your results to help other community members.

Thank you...

0 Likes
pensfan0782
Contributor - Level 1

there are no apps that would make your status bar disappear. 

there are no 3rd party apps that run in that fashion (customization of the iOS look)

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

pensfan0782 wrote:

there are no apps that would make your status bar disappear. 

there are no 3rd party apps that run in that fashion (customization of the iOS look)

While iOS wasn't designed to support apps that customize iOS, there are apps out there that do customize the look of iOS, there are pictures and Youtube videos of iPhones and other iDevices that look like they run something that looks nothing like iOS

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

amanda_nj, we will need more information about your issue. Are you referring to the signal, coverage, and battery at the top, or are you referring to the time and date. You may also be referring apps that you have showing up on your screen. Please let us know exactly what information on your phone are you referring to as your "Status Bar".  

For steps on how to see the apps on your phone that your using, you can also try enabling your restrictions. 

1) Click the app for Settings

2) Click the option for General

3) Click the option for Restrictions. You may be asked for your four digit passcode. If you have not set up one, its the last four digits of your social security number.

4) Here is where you will have all your apps and by disabling each app of your choice this will remove the app from your menu options. YOu will need to click "ON" to ensure they are able to be viewed on  your phone.

If this is not what your referring to, please list additional information. The community and I would like to help you resolve your issue. 

0 Likes