Since Christmas day, HUGE drop in battery life
pensfan0782
Contributor - Level 1

Since Christmas day, my phone's battery will only hold a charge for about 1/3 of the time that it did previously. A majority of the battery is drained while the screen is locked. My location services are not on. This problem started out of nowhere. It's inconvenient because I'm having to charge my phone at least once, sometimes twice just to get through the day. Before, I'd only have to charge it overnight and that was it.

My theory is that it is searching for service while locked, or not holding a strong signal or something.

Should I go to Apple or Verizon about this? I got it when the iPhone launched back in February or whenever it was.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Since Christmas day, HUGE drop in battery life
budone
Legend

Is there an app or something on your device that will say what program is using your phone the most? It could be a new app you may have added since then that is constantly using the battery

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Try the usual...restart/reset/restore. Also try *228 option 2. As mentioned, the problem could also be  a new app you may have downloaded. Check your usage in settings and see what the numbers are showing to see if it indicates higher than usual usage which could mean something is running on your device. If after all of this you still feel like something isn't right  then by all means, contact VZW. You have a 1 year warranty (if you also have insurance coverage or purchased the AppleCare plan then you have additional coverage available for eligible issues).

0 Likes
victorbraga98
Contributor - Level 1

do you know how to use the multitasking feature? skype is an app that uses alot of battery, do you have that? or it might be something else, do this, double click the home button > hold any of the applications as if you were to delete them, they are going to start to wiggle and shake around, there would be a red small icon on the top left corner of each application, if its an X to delete them, you did it wrong, press on each of those red icons until you did it to all, they're going to dissapear, do not worry, they're not being deleted, after all apps are closed your battery should last alot longer, make sure you do this after you open and close your apps if you're not going to use them

0 Likes