Shipment stuck (Fed-Ex)
geekpimpfx

My shipment has been showing as

Oct 12, 2011 6:37 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN

For over 18 hours now.  This is unusual for Fed-Ex to hold on to a package and not send it to its next location.  It has to make it to Ohio by tomorrow.  Is anyone experiencing a shipment that isn't moving?  Who should I contact to inquire about this, Fed Ex or Verizon?

Thanks in advance.  I know it's early to panic, but this is a bit unusual for a shipment to just be sitting for this long at a Fed-Ex facility

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Shipment stuck (Fed-Ex)
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

Mine is in the same spot for the same amount of time.  I trust it will be delivered tomorrow.  You should, too.

Now if it's still in Memphis tomorrow morning, it's time to get nervous....

0 Likes
CrossEyed
Enthusiast - Level 3

geekpimpfx wrote:

My shipment has been showing as

Oct 12, 2011 6:37 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN

For over 18 hours now.  This is unusual for Fed-Ex to hold on to a package and not send it to its next location.  It has to make it to Ohio by tomorrow.  Is anyone experiencing a shipment that isn't moving?  Who should I contact to inquire about this, Fed Ex or Verizon?

Thanks in advance.  I know it's early to panic, but this is a bit unusual for a shipment to just be sitting for this long at a Fed-Ex facility

Yeah, mine has been showing at the UPS Lousville, KY location since 7:42 am after being in the system for about 24 hours.  Still says on-time delivery for tomorrow, so I wouldn't sweat it.  They're usually pretty good at getting things delivered on time.

0 Likes
Trekkie2063
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine has been in Newark, NJ for over 12 hours......and this is less than 20 miles from my house!!!!!  Can't they cut a guy a break?!  lol

0 Likes
eleedy
Contributor - Level 1

It doesn't mean that its on hold, it just means they haven't updated it. Don't worry about it, i've never gotten a fedex package later than what the estimated delivery date was and i've gotten a ton of them.

0 Likes
bellabaloooky
Enthusiast - Level 3
Mine is there too. But, the shipment is stii "on time" with delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Not worried...yet
0 Likes
kevinpy
Enthusiast - Level 3
There's no reason to worry. It's just how they do things. Mine been sitting in Newark less than 90 minutes from my house for hours. Memphis is actually one of their hubs. Planes fly in and out 24 hours a day. They had the ability to move things so quickly. You may see them leave really late tonight and they'll still get to your local facility by 7AM or earlier.
0 Likes
geekpimpfx

I'm just a bit nervous because I had a bad experience last week with a package..it was in Columbus, OH the day it was supposed to be delivered at 4am and somehow by 6pm it ended up in NJ, by the time it was recovered it was three days late.

The joys of online orders :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
htcj07

I am in Colorado and my box has been showing as having left the Ontario, CA facility as of 7am yesterday. There is a possibility of getting it today since it is that close, but don't know anything for sure, so will be sticking close to home until it arrives which should be by tomorrow.

0 Likes
k300

Internet still says mine is in Memphis.  I just checked the fedex tracking through their automated phone number and it says mine is en route to the center that distributes to my location for delivery tomorrow.  So I am guessing it has left Memphis, but just hasn't been updated on line. 

0 Likes