Re: Ship date the 21st!?!?!?
htcj07

There was an article posted online with PC World which said that the sales have been so good that the ship dates have changed.  I tried to post the link but it would not let me. There is a sentence which says: Verizon’s site says the 16GB version is available for delivery Oct. 21, whereas the other models are still available on Oct. 14. I don't know where on Verizon's site it has that kind of update, but have not been able to find it.

I have the 32gb black one on pre-order and my confirmation email stated that it is due to arrive by the 14th. I just checked order status online and it says the 21st. I do hope that what they said in the article is true as I would like to receive it next week.

0 Likes
skimcpip
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine switched the the 21st overnight even though I originally placed the order around 3:15. I called to talk to a representative. She wasn't the nicest lady but that's besides the point. Anyway, she said that she was looking at the order status on her system and it still said the 14th. Not sure I believe her because she did seem like she just didn't want to deal with me (although I was making an effort to be as courteous as possible - catch more flies with honey).

Anyway, if anyone else has called customer service I'd be interested to hear what they've told you.

0 Likes
skibike
Enthusiast - Level 3

htcj07 wrote:

There was an article posted online with PC World which said that the sales have been so good that the ship dates have changed.  I tried to post the link but it would not let me. There is a sentence which says: Verizon’s site says the 16GB version is available for delivery Oct. 21, whereas the other models are still available on Oct. 14. I don't know where on Verizon's site it has that kind of update, but have not been able to find it.

I have the 32gb black one on pre-order and my confirmation email stated that it is due to arrive by the 14th. I just checked order status online and it says the 21st. I do hope that what they said in the article is true as I would like to receive it next week.

If you went though the site as if you are just shopping for a phone vs the pre-order link, it shows shipping dates for the phones. I had checked an hour ago and all were Oct 14 EXCEPT for the 16gb which said 10/20. Now they all say 10/20 except the 8gb.

Funny, you think by now with so many iPhone releases that they could get these right, yet they have the same issue release after release with the iPhone.

0 Likes
IGO2UA
Contributor - Level 1

I received email confirmation at 2:03:26 AM CDT and my ship date has also changed to the 21st.

0 Likes
htcj07

What you found did match what the article said. I was going to go through that process but didn't want to run the risk of any changes to the existing order because I had that happen once and would rather not see that happen here.  The time on my confirmation email was 3:19 am MST. I will get it when I get it...but at least there were no problems as to my keeping unlimited data!

0 Likes
jedibeagle89

Fri, Oct, 7 2011 - 12:06am PST

how do u find out where it changes? this what my confirmation says on email

Hi User,
Thank you for your order. It is being processed and will be shipped to arrive on 10/14/11. 
You will receive notification once it has shipped.
0 Likes
IGO2UA
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, I was glad to see the unlimited data didn't change also. I ordered the White 64 gb and hope comes sooner than later. 

0 Likes
htcj07

On the confirmation email, right after where it says you will receive email notification when it has shipped there was a link to check order status.  Just put in order number and your last name and it will give you the current date you are expected to receive it.

0 Likes
IGO2UA
Contributor - Level 1

I have to use the Preorder Confirmation number and last name to get status.

0 Likes
jedibeagle89

yeah it says technical difficulties with my order **bleep**

0 Likes