Reset Iphone 4 Passcode
shavallee

I am trying to reset my phone to factory and it is asking me for a passcode. I have to mail this off to insurance as they have sent a replacement. Where do I find this info on the phne or how to work around it. Its an iphone 4

thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reset Iphone 4 Passcode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
There are so many passcodes and passwords its hard to keep up! The passcode is usually the four digit code that you use to open your phone.  If that passcode is not working then we can place the phone into Recovery mode.  That will erase your device and its passcode.  Here is how:

1. Disconnect all cables for your device.
2. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device.
3.Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button.
4.Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
5.If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
6.Click OK. Then restore the device.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
shavallee
1. Re: Reset Iphone 4 Passcode

Verizon Wireless Customer SupportDiamond

There are so many passcodes and passwords its hard to keep up! The passcode is usually the four digit code that you use to open your phone.  If that passcode is not working then we can place the phone into Recovery mode.  That will erase your device and its passcode.  Here is how:

1. Disconnect all cables for your device.
2. Hold down the Sleep/Wake button, then "slide to power off" to turn off your device.
3.Press and hold the Home button and plug the device into your computer. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on. Don't release the Home button.
4.Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
5.If iTunes doesn't open automatically, open it. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
6.Click OK. Then restore the device.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

This will not work for me as the power screen lock button has not worked for a long time.

Anymore suggestions please.

Thanks,

0 Likes
shavallee

this does not work as my power screen lock button has not been working for months.

Anymore suggestions,

Thanks

0 Likes