Reception in NJ
BBerryTour26

Hey everyone! I live in Northern NJ by NYC and for the past 3 weeks, my reception has been bouncing in and out in my house only. It's still good but not like how it has been. I was thinking it was a tower down which it could be but can't verify this. I have an iphone 4 and it has never done this before. I resetted my device, did *228, shut my phone, reset the network and nothing. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reception in NJ
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not sure of any tips that would help you besides suggesting a network extender (although in your case since you say that your service is still good just not what it used to be it really isn't something worth looking into....unless you really just want to and are willing to pay the $249 it would cost to buy one). You can try contacting tech support to see if there is an issue with the tower but...honestly, there might not be anything that can be done. The plus side is that you still have good service so whatever the change is hasn't affected your ability to use your phone.

0 Likes
BBerryTour26
I agree with you, it's not terrible but i did get a little worst than 3 weeks ago but I can still make phone calls and everything. If I call tech support they would tell me to do things that I already know to trouble shoot my phone. If a tower is down, it didn't change my reception that much like you said. Lets see if it gets better in a few days. I am waiting for the iPhone 5 when it comes out in like maybe 2 weeks, I am eligible for an upgrade so I be waiting for that! Hope its better than the iPhone 4!
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Just out of curiosity....did you purchase your iPhone 4 at full retail?

0 Likes
BBerryTour26
I paid $199 dollars for it, its the 16G
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

BBerryTour26 wrote:
I paid $199 dollars for it, its the 16G

Ok I was wondering how you're eligible for an upgrade already when the iPhone for Verizon is less than a year old (which would mean you wouldn't be eligible for an upgrade until month 20 after the date you purchased...anywhere between 2/7/10 and today)...unless of course you have another line that is eligible for an upgrade that you planned to use.

0 Likes