RIP Steve Jobs
crice3
Passed away today. Check cnn
Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: RIP Steve Jobs
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There is also a tribute of sorts on the Apple.com site. If you click the pic you will see a statement and an email address to express condolences.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I have never had an Apple product, but he was such an innovator. Gone far too soon.

0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

I have not been a fan of his phones but I do have three Ipods.   He truly was a modern day "Edison" of our time and he definitely changed the equation in the world of computing and electronics.   Whether you were an Apple fan or not, you have to tip your hat to Steve for all that he did and meant.    Job well done Steve and thanks . . .

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I agree maybe that's why he left he knew the whole situation of health. So sad what a great innovator . Rip Steve. Wonder what they will do to commemorate his work like a special Apple product. It didn't tell u how he died though. He has been an inventor and a warrior / survivor
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

gina7289 wrote:
I agree maybe that's why he left he knew the whole situation of health. So sad what a great innovator . Rip Steve. Wonder what they will do to commemorate his work like a special Apple product. It didn't tell u how he died though. He has been an inventor and a warrior / survivor

I think most people were already aware of his 8 year struggle with pancreatic cancer (it is why he was on a few medical leaves prior to stepping down for good), but for those that didn't know that's what he was dealing with.. I think many knew that his health had reached the point of severe decline when he finally did step down because up until that point, despite the serious weight loss and the constant speculation he continued to work aggressively (or make appearances for key notes while on medical leave). A week or so ago I came across a picture of him looking even thinner than he had at the keynote earlier this year...he looked almost as if he was being assisted in walking by a man that was also in the pic. Not sure if that was the case, but I remember thinking that he might not have too much longer if that picture was real...but I was still shocked to hear he passed (isn't that always the case? You know it's coming....but you're still taken aback when it does...I mean when it comes to anyone's death that is related to health issue like Cancer). I'm sure Apple will do something in his memory...not sure what that may be, but if you visited the Apple site last night you would notice that absent of the tabs across the top of the site there was just a pic of him...no products, not advertisements...just him.

0 Likes
JeffWinger

God bless ya Steve. You made cellphones, computers, and mp3 players alot of fun!

0 Likes