Purchasing from the Apple store?
Megan_Rae09

I want to upgrade to the iPhone, but my plan isn't up yet (still have about a year left on my current contract), so I was just going to buy it elsewhere. I had planned on getting one from ebay after learning that the phone has to be purchased and activated by the original buyer in order for it to work. I have bought and used a blackberry from ebay before without any kind of penalty charges or anything like that from Verizon. Though I know the iPhone is a whole different ballgame. SO, I was wondering if purchasing the iPhone from the Apple store and activating myself without having to pay verizon to get out of my contract is a plausible thing to do? Will I be able to use the phone or will it not work?

Thanks for the help. :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Purchasing from the Apple store?
JaySean
Contributor - Level 1

Megan_Rae09 wrote:

I want to upgrade to the iPhone, but my plan isn't up yet (still have about a year left on my current contract), so I was just going to buy it elsewhere. I had planned on getting one from ebay after learning that the phone has to be purchased and activated by the original buyer in order for it to work. I have bought and used a blackberry from ebay before without any kind of penalty charges or anything like that from Verizon. Though I know the iPhone is a whole different ballgame. SO, I was wondering if purchasing the iPhone from the Apple store and activating myself without having to pay verizon to get out of my contract is a plausible thing to do? Will I be able to use the phone or will it not work?

Thanks for the help. :smileyhappy:

You can buy the iPhone from the apple store, but you'll need to buy it at full retail price if you didn't reach your upgrade date.

They will set up your plan and activate the phone for you. Whether you activate it at the store or through verizon, it will still run on the Verizon network. 

0 Likes
Re: Purchasing from the Apple store?
michelsen99
Contributor - Level 1

If you can find the Verizon iPhone 4 cheaper on ebay then go for it. Other wise you will have to pay full retail at the Apple store. Either way, the phone will work.

0 Likes