Problems with my 4s
darcey99

Anyone have any solutions:

1) Siri isn't working...."can't help" or "server issues"

2) I thought there was supposed to be a quick link to your camera on the homescreen when your phone is locked

Am I missing something?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with my 4s
honors21
Enthusiast - Level 3
1) try again in the morning systems may have been overloaded
2) double click the home button
0 Likes
jdormer33

im also having issues with texting.  i dont receive my wife's text messages unless i send her a text first (in other words, if she initiates a new text thread, i dont recieve it).  i only receive her texts if i send her one first and she responds.  not sure what the deal is?!?

0 Likes
jdormer33

regarding my previous post, i noticed that when i send my wife a text message, after i send the message, the heading changes from my wifes name to her phone number with a "+1" at the front of it.  not sure where this plus one is coming from.  I was looking over her phone and when adding a contact/inputing the number, it automatically places the area code within parenthesis, and on mine, it does not (number appears like 1234567890 instead of (123)456-7890.  not sure if this has anything to do with the texting issue but i am starting to get really furstrated and i havent even had it 1 day.

0 Likes
skibike
Enthusiast - Level 3

jdormer33 wrote:

regarding my previous post, i noticed that when i send my wife a text message, after i send the message, the heading changes from my wifes name to her phone number with a "+1" at the front of it.  not sure where this plus one is coming from.  I was looking over her phone and when adding a contact/inputing the number, it automatically places the area code within parenthesis, and on mine, it does not (number appears like 1234567890 instead of (123)456-7890.  not sure if this has anything to do with the texting issue but i am starting to get really furstrated and i havent even had it 1 day.

Yeah I have a similar issue on mine as well. My number format seems screwed up. All my contacts show as 1234567890, but when that call comes in it shows as (123)456 7890 and because it doesnt seem to match the format with whats in contacts, it does not show the contact name. This may be an issue becuase of restoring from my old phone Im guessing.

but I found if I stick a +1 in front of the number in contacts, then it works and recognizes the format and will show the callers name. whats up with having to add the +1?

0 Likes
metsrangers35

Are the verizon iphone 4s supposed to have a sim card slot on the side... I'm wondering if I wasn't accidentally sent an ATT iphone from Apple.com on pre order.... no service!

0 Likes
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3

metsrangers35 wrote:

Are the verizon iphone 4s supposed to have a sim card slot on the side... I'm wondering if I wasn't accidentally sent an ATT iphone from Apple.com on pre order.... no service!

mine has a sim card though according to the verizon support person i spoke to on the phone, it doesn't, lol ... i told him i was LOOKING AT IT!!

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

The sim card slot on the side is supposed to be there.  The 4S is a world phone.  You can travel outside the US, buy a sim card pre-loaded with minutes or $$ and use while abroad.  This is what I was told at the Apple Store yesterday.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

jdormer33 wrote:

Does your wife have iMessage turned on? What you're describing (related to what it looks like after you text her) imight be what happens when using iMessage and the person you are sending a message to uses their phone number rather than an email address for iMessage. Check to make sure you have "send as SMS" turned on in your settings (and that she also has it turned on). If you don't have it turned on then that might be why some messages aren't coming through to you. Just try checking both of your settings in Messages to see if all is correct.

0 Likes
taz1127
Enthusiast - Level 3
I'm having issues too some dont get send and if it's a picture messege it takes forever to go thru if it does at all
0 Likes