Phones won't send/receive texts and no incoming/outgoing calls
petdoc

My husband and I just recently switched from AT&T to Verizon due to poor service issues. Outside of our home, the service has been decent so far. Inside our home, we have having issues getting our phones to send/receive texts and make/receive calls.  I have an iPhone 4S and he has an LG G2. Both of us have mid to full signal. We will go through stints of essentially no service. It comes and goes. Occasionally we can send/receive texts, but neither of us can make calls at any point in time. Both of these are brand new phones. We have reset both phones, etc, with no improvement. Suggestions?  This is very frustrating seeing as how we just switched servicing companies due to similar issues.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phones won't send/receive texts and no incoming/outgoing calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Petdoc,

I appreciate you switching over to us. I apologize for the issues you're experiencing. What's your zip code? Are you getting any error messages? Retry sending the messages with checking each device for any specific error message that can shed a clue on what is happening.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

0 Likes
petdoc

Thanks for the response. Zip code is 61943. The only message listed is 'message send failure.' When I'm in my house, the phones are showing 3-4 bars/full signal. It's as if the connection comes and goes. It's slightly better service in certain areas of the house, but no area of the house is consistently receiving/sending texts or making calls. I'll be sitting in the same area of the house and have several failed messages. Twenty minutes later, I'll be in the exact same place and suddenly will have several messages come through. To say the least, this is very frustrating. The service seems to be cyclical to some degree, coming and going. Anything we can do to fix this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi petdoc,

Thanks for the additional information! I realize the importance of having operable service and I completely understand your frustration. After reviewing the zip code provided, I was able to identify some service opportunities in the area? Did you issue recently begin to experience service issues? When did the problem begin? Have you ever been able to utilize the service throughout your entire home?

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Raj0685
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the problem of dropped calls for last 3 months. Apple even replaced my iPhone 6 when Verizon kept saying it might be a device problem. I have done everything Verizon has asked, but the problem still exists.

My text are not going. Verizon is one of the most expensive provider out there with such a terrible service. I didn't expect it to happen.

Whenever, I contact customer I am asked to purchase a network extender which is around $250. Does Verizon has any other solution ? or its just another dirty business of making people buy a network extender.

0 Likes