Phone only connected to 1x and can't make or receive calls
eric906johnson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got a replacement 4s and upgraded to iOS8. I've been having an issue where my phone connects to 1x and I can't make or receive calls. I'm not happy at all. I can't even call Verizon tech support for help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone only connected to 1x and can't make or receive calls
Weth
Legend

I would do a *228 option 1 to reprogram from Verizon

If that doesn't work, I would go to the iPhone General settings / Reset (all the way at the bottom) / Reset Network Settings.

Reset network settings will reboot the phone and that often fixes things like this. Note that your wifi settings will be cleared, but everything else on the phone is unchanged.

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

I would do a *228 option 1 to reprogram from Verizon

If that doesn't work, I would go to the iPhone General settings / Reset (all the way at the bottom) / Reset Network Settings.

Reset network settings will reboot the phone and that often fixes things like this. Note that your wifi settings will be cleared, but everything else on the phone is unchanged.

eric906johnson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. This issue has been on and off. It just started working after an hour of being out. I couldn't even dial *228 or *611 for Verizon help. I will try those right now in hopes this doesn't happen again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We wanted to reach out to you to se if you are still having 1x issues eric906johnson! If so then have you tried resetting network settings on the iPhone 4s? Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings is the steps to do so. Once you have done so, the device will reboot & reregister with the network. Once you test the service, keep us posted.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
eric906johnson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I talked to technical support and it turned out the replacement phone that I was sent is defective. You guys sent me another phone. Thanks for the follow up

0 Likes