Overnight Shipping Isn't Free?
mpf189

Looking at Verizon Support on twitter, it looks as though 2 day shipping is free but you have to pay for overnight. However, a tweet also said "If you preorder on 2/3/11 you will receive your device on or before 2/10/11."

So, would overnight shipping even make a difference? And why isn't it free in the first place? Verizon has always offered free overnight shipping when upgrading a phone.

Just curious since I'll be leaving for the weekend on Friday, so I will be hoping to get the phone by Thursday..but overnight shipping is usually pretty costly, at least on most sites.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Overnight Shipping Isn't Free?
btcs41

i was wondering the same thing...Verizon Rep want to chime in?

0 Likes
Tug101

btcs41 wrote:

i was wondering the same thing...Verizon Rep want to chime in?

They will just post a link to the FAQs

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It would make no difference.  It's the same when the iPhone came out with AT&T.  Each and every one all the pre-orders made it on the day it was released.  A few cases 1 day sooner.  If you chose overnight through Apple thinking it would get there quicker you were refunded the money.

0 Likes
walterkarroll
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah its free, and if it doesn't come up as free you can type in "FREEOVERNT" at check out.  The only way that might not work is if they take away the option to type it in.  Hey, we do order through MY VERIZON right?  Or for the iphone they take it away....We will find out.  BUt if we recieve on the 10th and order on the 3rd, it woudn't really matter anyway.

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

Phones are not arriving until the 9th and 10th... Confirmed by Verizon on their FAQ and Twitter... Overnight does not matter

0 Likes
jwdunning
Enthusiast - Level 2

Overnight shipping DOES matter.  If they offer overnight shipping they are obligated to ship it overnight or give you a refund on the extra money you spent to overnight it.  If they are not able to ship it over night it shouldn't even be an option.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

jwdunning wrote:

Overnight shipping DOES matter.  If they offer overnight shipping they are obligated to ship it overnight or give you a refund on the extra money you spent to overnight it.  If they are not able to ship it over night it shouldn't even be an option.

Depends on what you are referring to. If you are referring to the Feb 3 PRE-ORDER, then even if you have overnight shipping, you will not get the phone on Feb 4. That is what a pre-order normally is. Ordering something BEFORE it is available. All of the pre-orders should be expected to arrive on or around Feb 10.

And being able to ship something overnight and receiving it the next day are also not always the same thing. If you order something that is not in stock, backordered or a pre-order, most if not all retailers will still offer overnight shiping. They will just ship it overnight WHEN the item is available for shipping. You will still pay for the overnight shipping, but you will not receive the item the day after you ordered it.

0 Likes
jwlarge

Then why in the world would I want to get up at 3 in the morning to order.? I can't believe that Verizon does have sufficient iphones to at least accommodate existing customers ??? Seems like a silly PR move

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

You get up at 3am to get the limited quantity available... Once they are gone they are gone until Apple restocks them which could be weeks and weeks

0 Likes