Our iPhone 4 will not allow us to update apps anymore. It is so slow to move between screens and will not let us open some apps at all. We have done soft resets several times and still will not work. Also, it will not allow us to hear the person calling f
STARKAT

It is so slow to move between screens and will not let us open some apps at all. We have done soft resets several times and still will not work. Also, it will not allow us to hear the person calling from the iPhone. The person making the call can hear us, but we can not hear the person calling from the iPhone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Our iPhone 4 will not allow us to update apps anymore. It is so slow to move between screens and will not let us open some apps at all. We have done soft resets several times and still will not work. Also, it will not allow us to hear the person calli
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Starkat-

I have thousands of photos/videos on my phone since I just had a baby. My computer also doesn't do a great job of backing up my photos and videos. The iCloud is an awesome option for backing up photos and videos. She can also try the Verizon Cloud, which you can learn more about here: http://vz.to/1Q9ijyF.

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Our iPhone 4 will not allow us to update apps anymore. It is so slow to move between screens and will not let us open some apps at all. We have done soft resets several times and still will not work. Also, it will not allow us to hear the person calli
deloused
Master - Level 3

A factory data reset could help with some issues, but more likely you'll want to get a newer phone to resolve all the issues

0 Likes
STARKAT

Do you think a factory data reset will resolve the issue with us not being able to hear my daughter when she calls from the phone. She can hear us, but we can not hear her unless she puts the phone on speaker...that is the only way she can hear us.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

It is possible to have some improvement with sound issues like that after resets, if the issue is due to software/configuration/application issues. If it's a hardware issue with the microphone it wouldnt fix that though. If you have an apple store near you they could atleast diagnose what the problem is so you can be sure. Sometimes they can clean small dust/debris in the microphone or other ports that build up over time to improve some issues also

0 Likes
STARKAT

Great. Thank you. I have one more issue...if I get the message I do not have enough storage to update messenger what exactly is that telling me....are there too many other apps taking up space?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to help make sure you're able to hear your daughter during the calls. How long has this been happening? Is the audio issue only with calls to your daughter?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

You're welcome! Apps can be contributing to filling up the phone's internal storage, especially if there are many installed, but each one doesn't take up a whole lot of space usually. Files like videos and photos tend to take up more space. Under your settings you can check the storage usage, and see what's using the most space, and decide to delete or sync. For example my phone will tell me I've got 3gb of photos/videos and 1gb of applications, and you can see the storage used by each individual app

0 Likes
STARKAT

My daughter has a lot of photos using 1.4 GB, videos show no data. Her iCloud usage shows 50 GB total storage and 42.2 GB available...I am confused I guess of how iCloud works with the photos. I don't have anyway to get the photos downloaded somewhere else. Our laptop at home is too old and will not install iTunes and it would cost me a fortune to have all the pics printed off. Is there anything I can do. I had a feeling all the pics was causing some issues.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Does the laptop connect to the internet OK? One way could be to send photos or other files to an email address as an attachment to see/store print them on the laptop if it doesn't work with newer iTunes/icloud software.

0 Likes
STARKAT

It has been happening for about a month now and sometimes texting will not go through for her sending out and sometimes the text just disappears...it is so bad I had to give her my phone to take to band camp this week so we could make sure she has a way to communicate with us by calling/texting on her Dads phone. If we can get this iPhone 4 working just long enough to get her till June of next year then we can upgrade her then, but I really need to see if we can get this phone working again till then.

0 Likes