Others without iphone receive blank picture message, not a regular text message when I send one...
lavivi3816

I just purchased the iphone 4 and have heard from various people that when I send a text message to them, (these people do not have the iphone) receive a blank picture message. In other words a picture message with what I wrote without any pictures. When I just want to send a regular text message (no video or picture). Does anyone have the same problem? Solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Others without iphone receive blank picture message, not a regular text message when I send one.
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are you sending long texts? If they are longer than the standard (160 character I believe) than that may be why they are receving them as MMS messages without a picture.

0 Likes
Re: Others without iphone receive blank picture message, not a regular text message when I send one.
Tate75

I have the same annoying problem.  I have a Samsung Fascinate and when my Iphone friends send a message it comes across as blank MMS.  Even if the message is more than 160 characters why would it show up as blank???

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The OP said that their words show but there is no picture although it was received as an MMS. They aren't saying that the complete message is blank like you seem to be saying. It would send as an MMS instead of a SMS because of the length. Traditionally, an SMS is 160 characters or less. Some carriers (or maybe devices) will break up long messages into multiple SMS messages...which sometimes causes an issue if the broken messages are sent out of order. If the carrier (or device) receiving the message does not break up the message into multiple smaller messages then the message would be sent as a multimedia message....which allows for (I think) 1000 characters and of course it allows pictures/video clips. If it is treating it as a picture message with text...but you as the sender didn't actually include a picture then the blank picture may have been sent by the carrier as a placeholder of sorts. Now if the message you receive is completely blank...not sure what the issue is. I do know that when I had a BB and would send picture messages to my friend on AT&T that also had a BB...if I took a picture using the highest resolution and sent it to her she received it as a blank message. That had to do with AT&T limiting the size of the file that could be sent to their users. I had to change my picture resolution to a lower setting in order for her to actually receive it. This was also the case before she got her BB (can't recall the phone she had at that time). We no longer have this issue now that I am using the iPhone 4s and she is using an Android device (don't recall which one). I mentioned this because it's possible something like that could be going on in your situation if you are receiving blank messages...no clue. I would suggest finding an official Samsung Fascinate forum to see if this issue is mentioned.

0 Likes