One person not getting my text but we can call each other??
tdanielle

I am able to receive text an calls from this number an I am able to call it but they are unable to receive any of my text why this problem just started last week?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: One person not getting my text but we can call each other??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tdanielle - Let's keep you connected with the people that matter most! Does the other user have an iPhone as well or have they recently switched phones? Are they with Verizon Wireless or another carrier? Does the message show sent from your phone? I am eager to get to the bottom of this!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Jimville
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. it started last Sat.

tdanielle

Yale_VZW  the other user is is NOT using an iPhone...and they have not switched phones...They are NOT with Verizon Im pretty sure its AT&T...The message shows sent on my end and I get not error messages or anything to let me know that it has not be delivered to the other user....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're also having issues with messaging someone Jimville. We are here to help. Do you know that other persons carrier? If you are able to send them text and make/receive calls from that person, the issue may not be with your service. Have them contact their carrier to check for issues and blocks. Keep us posted and let me know if you are having issues with any other functionalities on your phone.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tdanielle,

Thanks for the additional information. Since the message is shown as being sent on your end and you can receive texts the issue seems to be with the other persons carrier.

I would recommend having that user reach out to their carrier to file an investigation on their end.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PamH_1

I have the same problem, but only with people who text with iPhone 5. I can't read their text messages, but I can see that they sent one, and who it is from. The messages are either blank or funny characters. Texts from all others come through fine.

0 Likes
WTRE57

Try having the iphone user turn off their imessages in their settings. I recently switched from an iphone to an android and my husband has an iphone and I was not getting his text. He disabled the imessage and now I receive text and calls.

0 Likes
Jimville
Enthusiast - Level 2

The other carrier is Sprint. Is it psbl for Verizon tech to check with a Sprint tech to see if text is routed right. Sprint customer does not have me blocked and I can call the Sprint number just cant text to it. They can text me. and call me.   

0 Likes
drmaxine

I am having the same problem.  I have an iphone 4S and cannot send text to someone using Galaxy using AT&T.  This just started happening in the past 4 weeks.  I am thoroughly put out.  Spent almost 45 minutes on phone with Verizon tech person who reset the network, and had me change things in Settings.  The Galaxy user gets texts from ALL other persons who  have iphone 4S through Verizon.  Finally was told it was a galaxy problem.  This person is my daughter and I need to text her at times.  Verizon is good at sloughing their problems onto others.

0 Likes