Re: Not receiving sms messages on iPhone?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

kfvon wrote:

My iPhone is only sporadically receiving picture messages.  I will get one or so for every four picture messages that someone sends me.  Has anyone had this problem or does anyone know what to do?  I've tried *228, and my MMS Messaging and Cellular Data and Data Roaming settings are all swiched ON.  Help!

The issue may not be your phone but the senders. Or it could be the network in your area. Have you restored or reset the phone? Contacted Tech Support? Taken the phone in to a VZW store or an Apple store?

0 Likes
Aubie88

I just got an iPhone 4 with Verizon less than two weeks ago and I'm not receving all text messages. I've set Roaming and MMS to "On." Turning phone off and on does not work.  I never had this issue with an older model phone with AT&T. Considering taking the phone back and going back to AT&T if this isn't resolved.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Aubie88 wrote:

I just got an iPhone 4 with Verizon less than two weeks ago and I'm not receving all text messages. I've set Roaming and MMS to "On." Turning phone off and on does not work.  I never had this issue with an older model phone with AT&T. Considering taking the phone back and going back to AT&T if this isn't resolved.

Did you try the *228, option 2 method?

Remember you have 14 days from date of purchase to return/exchange the phone and pay the $35 restocking fee.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Aubie88,

I would love to assist you in resolving your text message issues. If you are still having this issue, please send me a PM with your mobile number & a contact number so I can check the provisioning on the phone line. I want to check your provisioning and text traffic on our network so we can get this issue resolved once & for all. 

Look forward to hearing from you...

0 Likes
jacobvargas94

hello i am also having the same problem to where i am not receiving text messages but i am able to send them to people. is there any way you could help me out. this happened before when i first got my iphone. please help it is very frustrating i just got this phone july 12, 2011.

0 Likes
Rltw
I am having similar issues with my phone. When I attempt to send a text the message is not sent and text window closes on it's own and goes to home screen. When a text is sent to me the phone will continuously
0 Likes
Rltw
I am having similar issues with my phone. When I attempt to send a text the message is not sent and text window closes on it's own and goes to home screen. When a text is sent to me the phone will continuously reboot until I do a hard shutdown. This is a replacement phone only a few weeks old. I've done factory reset, 228 option 1&2, contacted vzw support with no resolution. I have trouble ticket number for tech support and have not been contacted in a week.
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving SMS messages on iPhone?
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello jacobvargas94,

Welcome to the forums, hopefully we can make you a long time contributor! How often would you say that you do not receive messages? When this happens is it every message or just random?  Does it seem like they are coming from specific people or different carriers? I am very interested in resolving your messaging concerns. 

0 Likes
CristinaD

I am having the same problem.

I called Verizon and they told me to reset it by calling *228 option 2 which I did (and I do every week)

The problem is that I sometimes get messages and I sometimes don't get them. And the messages I sent have the same problem. People sometimes get them and sometimes they don't get them. So, every time this happens I call and the rep asks me to call *228 option 2 and ask the person to send me the tex again and that 'sometimes' work.

I even had problems trying to send my bank of america code from the internet to the phone (something that never happened before with my unlocked Tmobile Iphone)

Also, this is random. I have problems with Verizon customers and Tmobile customers.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon! 

I see so many posts with the same or very similar issues; therefore, this response is directed to all of the community having this problem.  If you have already tried the previous steps provided, I encourage you to update your device(s) with iTunes, if there are any updates available.  If there aren't any updates available, then do a complete reset.  (Erase all content and settings.)  If you have done all of this, we will need to speak with you for additional assistance. 

How To Do a Complete Reset on iPhone

If you need assistance, please send me a Private Message, and I will be happy to help!

Thank you,