Not receiving imessages from certain contacts
yangs1

Just in last few days I've stopped receiving imessages from on of my contacts. Ironically, he is a Verizon Customer as well. I've done all the troubleshooting ideas (turn imessage on/off, reset network settings, reboot phone etc...) recommended short of resetting my phone. I'm leary of doing this. Very frustrated. I almost missed an appointment with said contact because I did not receive any messages from him. Is there any other ideas for fixing this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving imessages from certain contacts
Not applicable

First, and yeah I got to ask this: Does that contact have an iPhone? To use iMessage you both have to have Apple phones.

Secondly, the person you are not getting messages from may be blocked by you. And no I have no idea how that could have happened.

If thd person doesn't have an iPhone then the message has to go over verizons servers. Hopefully cellular data is turned on.

Lastly, just call *611 or 800-922-0204 and ask for tech support. Maybe you should both call.

Check out the support forum at http://www.apple.com there may be a solution there to assist you.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

First, and yeah I got to ask this: Does that contact have an iPhone? To use iMessage you both have to have Apple phones.

Secondly, the person you are not getting messages from may be blocked by you. And no I have no idea how that could have happened.

If thd person doesn't have an iPhone then the message has to go over verizons servers. Hopefully cellular data is turned on.

Lastly, just call *611 or 800-922-0204 and ask for tech support. Maybe you should both call.

Check out the support forum at http://www.apple.com there may be a solution there to assist you.

Good Luck

0 Likes
yangs1

Yes this contact does have an iphone. They are not blocked. I will call tech support and suggest that to my contact. Thanks for the info.

0 Likes