Re: Not happy
coops2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have 4 opions

1) live with a 6 year old phone.

2) try using my 4th new Blackberry

3) pay $240 to leave Verizon, and sign under a family member with AT&T, with a new Iphone for $49.00 and $50.00 a month as a extra line

4) let my contract run out and not use the line and sign under a family member with AT&T, with a new Iphone for $49.00 and $50.00 a month as a extra line.

Time will tell, 

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

If you can't afford full retail price just use whatever you have now until you can or until you get an upgrade. You don't always have to have everything as soon as it is available. Why would you even think about AT&T. Do you think Apple would move away from AT&T and offer the iPhone elsewhere if AT&T was great? It's obvious that Apple has had it with AT&T and is taking a stand. My mother has a normal phone on AT&T and barely ever gets a signal.

0 Likes
coops2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

tell you what, everyone thinks I want to get out of my contract, that is not what this is about. It's about getting an iphone, and not paying what I think is an out of this word cost.

If Verizon would let me, I would sign a new 3year agreement , finish out my 1 year left and a new 2 year, but that is not an option.

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

Also $50 will only get you an iPhone 3GS not the 4

0 Likes
rockhead

The HTC had a year warranty. I was told at the Verizon store that I could continue to get new HTC's just like the one I had for a year. That would have been 3 more phones at the rate I was going. I use my phone for work and don't really have time for a phone that isn't going to work.

0 Likes
Not applicable
You have to finish paying for your last phone. What other products do you buy that you can stop paying for whenever you want to?
0 Likes
coops2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

affording is not the problem, choosing not to pay that price is. 

I will wait it out, or go to AT&T, it is that simple for me.

But I am sure others are thinking this same thing

0 Likes
rockhead

coops, I think you can get an upgrade after your contract has gone a year. You should check into it. I feel your pain, I've been in the same boat. But, my contract is up (I'm lucky).

0 Likes
john5481
Contributor - Level 2

Others will wait it out but never go to AT&T that is just silly

0 Likes
Rbethell11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Honestly, that is the way it goes. I have been with Verizon since 1995, and have to pay full retail. A person living in this day and age needs to realize that new phones are ALWAYS coming out, and eventually if you want the "it" phone, you are going to have to pay full retail price. A contract is a contract - you voluntarily agreed to it when you activated the phone, bought it for the promotional price, and started making phone calls with it. Just because a better phone comes out on the market does not mean loyal customers can all of a sudden void their contract. Even though I am not happy having to pay full retail price, I have to deal with it. I am happy, however, that Verizon is giving its existing customers a chance to pre order it. No matter what you may think about that, that is a pretty nice incentive.

0 Likes