Highlighted

No WiFi after iOS 7.0.2 update

ScotlandLover

I have an iPhone 4S that I bought in March 2012 so I'm past the year warranty. I updated my phone to iOS 7.0.2 and noticed wifi problems just a few days later. It would shut off and then come back on. It got worse and worse each day. So I started doing a little research on why this was happening. A lot of 4s users were having this same problem. Just a few days ago I noticed my phone no longer even connects to wifi anymore. I went into my wifi settings, the wifi was turned off and greyed out so I can no longer even turn it on. I've tried all the suggestions I have found online (reset network settings when I could turn wifi on, click Forget This Network, etc). The only suggestion I haven't done is a hard reset which I would really like to avoid. Most of the people have said it has become a problem with the wifi chip. The latest update is too much for the 4 and 4s chip to handle and it burns out. So here's what I'm wondering...

I don't live near an Apple store. If I take it to Verizon, can they determine if it is the chip? If it is, will they fix it even though I'm outside of the year warranty?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes