No Safari
pepsishot

I need some help please. I received my new Iph4 just 3 days ago. While a friend was helping me use some of the features it came to our attention that I did not have Safari. I would very much like to know how to get it. I have connected to iTunes and backed everything up and done a system restore. No Safari. I have held the top and home buttons until the apple appears. No Safari. Those were the two suggestions to fix this that I found in the forum before starting my own help thread. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. The Safari and Siri info on the website are reasons I upgraded to this phone and now there seems to be no access. Help! Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No Safari
victorbraga98
Contributor - Level 1

the only way I know how to hide Safari is to enable restrictions, if its that, you would be unable to add safari back, someone would have already set up a password for that, it should be your last 4 digits of your phone number, if not then, I have no idea, try taking it to the VZW store, they should either give you a replacement in a few days or fix the device, if its a verizon iPhone then it should have it, to disable restrictions go to Settings > General > Restrictions, it should be that, if theres an option to get a new password then its not that, Ive never seen anyone with this problem before, my iPhones, iPads and iPods never had this problem, im not sure if verizon would help, you would have to maybe take it to an Apple store or call them, you will need your serial number to call Apple.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Greetings Community Members! Thanks to victorbraga98 for providing insight into pepsishot's concerns over the browser on the iPhone. Pepsishot, the Safari browser is part of preloaded applications bundle for the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4s. If you do not have a Safari browser loaded to your phone, then it would be best to consider getting you a replacement. If this issue remains unresolved, please post a reply to this thread or notify me via Direct Message. Thanks again!

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning pepsishot,

Just to piggyback on my co-worker statement, another option to try prior to replacement is a restore using iTunes to bring the device back to factory settings. This process will also, check to ensure that the device has the current version of iOS 5. The restore process on iTunes can take anywhere from 10 - 45 minutes to complete, depending on how much memory is being used on the device. I encourage that contacts, calendar entries, and other personal information be archived before completing the restore process. If the Safari browser is still missing then don't hesitate to reach out to my co-worker, DoinM, or myself for additional assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes