New iPhone 4s for business account, cannot make or recieve calls, goes to operator.
mguarrasi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok hear me out because I've done plenty of research and been on the phone with a tech for over an hour, and have still gotten nowhere.

Every time I try to make a call, it rings three times then goes to a Verizon operator which says:
"You're calling regarding a number linked to a business account, for inquiries about this number or account, press 1."

I press 1 and:

"To swap or activate a phone press 1."

It then tells me to hang up and dial *228, which I've already done.

I can use data and receive emails, even when not connected to wireless.

I've tried resetting network settings, factory resetting my phone, disabling data, you name it. I am at a loss.

Also this is a new number so it is not linked to an old phone.

Can anyone offer any insight into this? Thanks!!

Also the Verizon tech supposedly put in a ticket after she was unable to help me, but I never received the email so I feel I am back to square one.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New iPhone 4s for business account, cannot make or recieve calls, goes to operator.
mguarrasi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the responses. No I never did get a ticket number or confirmation email from the tech.

However, I went to our accounts receivable department and got the original invoice which shows what services are included on the phone.

Someone had chosen "block all voice calls" under selected features. Must have been a mistake on whoever ordered the phone.

This was quickly addressed and the phone can now make calls.

Would've been nice if the tech support could've taken a look at this from the beginning and saved me hours on the phone. Oh well it works.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: New iPhone 4s for business account, cannot make or recieve calls, goes to operator.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This definitely sounds frustrating mguarrasi! We definitely need to get this fixed for you. Did you ever hear back about your ticket? What was the ticket number?

Please keep us posted so we can get this back up and running for you as quickly as possible!

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have first a question. When it states to activate a phone press 1, did you do it? If not try it.

The second thing I would recommend is to simply change the phone number either online through my Verizon web portal or call customer service and have them change your number.

Then wait about 20 minutes and see if the problem has gone away.

Since the micro Sim is only good for overseas unlocked use;  I believe a *228 send and select option 1 will set up your device on the Verizon network. You may just try doing that without changing your phone . Hey give it a try what can it hurt?

Good Luck

0 Likes
mguarrasi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the responses. No I never did get a ticket number or confirmation email from the tech.

However, I went to our accounts receivable department and got the original invoice which shows what services are included on the phone.

Someone had chosen "block all voice calls" under selected features. Must have been a mistake on whoever ordered the phone.

This was quickly addressed and the phone can now make calls.

Would've been nice if the tech support could've taken a look at this from the beginning and saved me hours on the phone. Oh well it works.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mguarrasi,

I am glad to hear that everything is working again. Sometimes simple things are overlooked when you are trying to find a simple solution. We hope things go smoother going forward, and feel free to reach out for assistance anytime.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes