New configuration for Verizon email on Apple products
Pops1958

So I am pretty tech savvy, having worked with both Apple and Windows formats since the mid 1980s.  I can follow instructions very well.  So when I follow the instructions for pushing my Verizon email to my iPhone 4S (or iPad or desktop), there is ALWAYS an error in the set up.  First, the Apple Mail app will automatically use the suggested incoming and outgoing servers (now pop or smtp) and we get "Cannot Connect Using SSL"  So I proceed, save and then use the Advanced Settings to ensure that SSL is on, authentication is Password, and that the server port is 995.  Same for SMTP but with port 465.

These are the settings recommended by Verizon.  So when I tried to explain to someone using the online chat that neither Apple Mail nor Thunderbird (Mozilla) work, I am told that it HAS to be the software.  If so, why does the software work with my G-mail and Exchange accounts? On one of my systems, I left the old settings (incoming.verizon.net and outgoing...) and was able to get my mail pushed.  With the changes in effect, I don't want to have to use a desktop to always check my Verizon mail.

Anyone had similar issues using Verizon mail on a Mac or iDevice?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: New configuration for Verizon email on Apple products
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It certainly sounds like you've had your hands full, Pops1958. Thanks for trying so hard to get your email account set up on your devices. Since you mentioned that your Gmail and Exchange accounts work fine, and the trouble seems to be on multiple Apple products, I would suggest reaching out to our friends at www.verizon.com/contactus for assistance with your Verizon.net email account. We here at Verizon Wireless can help out with any wireless concerns you may have and we want to make sure your cellular device is connecting to our network, but the email provider directly would be best for assistance with new email settings.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes