Need help with charging my iphone 4S.
pjinvegas

I plugged my phone in to charge it and the battery screen does not appear.  Tried regular ac outlet and usb to my computer.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need help with charging my iphone 4S.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps Trainer250!

Have you tried restoring the device using iTunes http://vz.to/1aUd9SM?  Try charging the device after the restore, and let me know how it works out for you.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Did you update to iOS 7?

If so, are you using an authentic Apple cable and charger?

If not, can you give more details?

0 Likes
Trainer250

I have the same problem. I have upgraded to 7.0.3 and I'm using an Apple iPhone cable. But I have to plug in the phone over and over again until it finally takes a charge. My iTouch has no problem with the same cables.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Trainer, yours sounds like a completely different issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for trying an alternate cable, Trainer250. I'm sorry you've come across this problem.  I'm  That is definitely a step we would have you try. How does the charging port look?  Did this just happen with iOS 7?

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Trainer250

I don't see anything wrong with the charging port. I was told to charge it completely, let it die out, then charge it completely again by a Verizon tech who specializes on the iPhone. I have done that twice and still have that same problem. This problem started once I upgraded to iOS7.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

First of all, never do that with a modern rechargeable battery. Discharging it all the way is not good for the battery.

Secondly, iOS 7 is VERY particular about the charger and the cable you use. If you are using the originals and if there is no damage to the port and if resetting the phone doesn't correct it. You might need to look into 1) having the charger replaced and/or 2) having the device replaced.

You might also try reinstalling the OS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps Trainer250!

Have you tried restoring the device using iTunes http://vz.to/1aUd9SM?  Try charging the device after the restore, and let me know how it works out for you.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes