NO apartment numbers on address even though I put it in...anyone else?
cefielder
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I pre-ordered, got my confirmation.  Called in because on the 8th, I realized the apartment number wasn't on my shipment.  She said I had to wait until I got the SHIP confirmation.  Today, got my ship confirmation and called in.  The guy changes it on the phone with FedEx and says to call tomorrow over to FedEx to make sure that they got the change but my package might be a day or so late.  

SO- you're telling me that because VERIZON didn't print out the apartment number, I won't get it on time?!  (I didn't say this cause the rep was super helpful and nice) 

Has this happened to anyone else.  I know it happened in previous shipments of the iPhone 4- why does this continually keep happening?!  

I'm worried I'll have to wait till Monday to get it or something.  I'm going to stay on top of it and make sure I keep in touch and get my package on Friday.  

Just looking for someone to tell me that I'll get it Friday and just venting (I guess).  

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NO apartment numbers on address even though I put it in...anyone else?
cefielder
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:  

Called FedEx just like the Verizon rep told me to.  (This was just to make sure apartment number had indeed been added.)

FedEx rep told me that the apartment number was updated and the change was already in effect since it was called in at 2:30pm yesterday and the shipping was 2 day.  Whew.  She said everything is on time and scheduled for tomorrow before 7pm.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

I gave learned to always put my apartment number on the same line as my street address.  I never use the "Address 2" line because it's been lost before.  My apartment number is showing up on my shipment with FedEx.  What a pain in the butt for you that you have to go through all that.  I would be very annoyed.

0 Likes
cefielder
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh I know.  That IS what I did!!!  Can you believe that?  I always put it on the first line AND I shorten my address (taking off BLVD) which always turns out just fine,  I have no idea why they did this.  When I called, they knew it was their error.  UGH.  

0 Likes
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

That sucks.  Sorry. man.  I hope you get your phone ok.

0 Likes
bellabaloooky
Enthusiast - Level 3
I would call back. They totally screwed up my shipping address too. I called a few times and had to wait until the ship notification came in too. I called today again and thevwoman fixed it over the phone and resent me the shipping notice and the address was corrected. Not one of the 3 csr that I spoke to said I had to call fedex.
0 Likes
bellabaloooky
Enthusiast - Level 3
Oh and my phone was not delayed and will arrive the 14th
0 Likes
HK_USP
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well crap, I know I put my APT# on line 2.  But, thankfully, I've lived here for nearly 3 years and everyone in the leasing office (which is right by my building) knows me and my apt #.  So if FedEX shows up at the leasing office they can direct him where to go.  I haven't received my shipping confirmation yet so I don't even know if it'll be an issue for me yet.

0 Likes
cefielder
Enthusiast - Level 2

My apartment complex always signs for stuff too, but I've had delivery people just flat out not deliver just because there was no apartment number.  That's really what I'm worried about is them just assuming incomplete address so automatic no deliver or re-try another day.  :smileysad:

@bellabaloookyThey told me to call FedEx just to make sure that it was confirmed changed & also to make sure it will indeed deliver ontime and not have a hold up.  

I'm going to call FedEx anyway just to make sure since I caught it so early.  

I feel so silly being this wound up about a phone - but hey, I pre-ordered for a reason!

I'll be sure to update what the situation is so that others may not have to worry or wonder as well!

0 Likes
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

I would think if you have a tracking number, you would be able to contact FedEx and update the address to include the apartment number.  Hope it all works out for you.

0 Likes
cefielder
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:  

Called FedEx just like the Verizon rep told me to.  (This was just to make sure apartment number had indeed been added.)

FedEx rep told me that the apartment number was updated and the change was already in effect since it was called in at 2:30pm yesterday and the shipping was 2 day.  Whew.  She said everything is on time and scheduled for tomorrow before 7pm.

0 Likes