NO NO DATA PLAN!
QWQ512
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was going to buy an Iphone on Feb3rd and I wanted the $15 dollar plan with 150mb. I don't need unlimited i am on wifi all the time. Is this decision by Verizon final??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: NO NO DATA PLAN!
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

Currently, no information is available about the requirements for data plans for the iPhone. You are able to check the iPhone FAQ's for updated information. 

http://support.vzw.com/faqs/iphone/iphone_faq.html

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kSo9204
Contributor - Level 2

Currently, no information is available about the requirements for data plans for the iPhone. You are able to check the iPhone FAQ's for updated information. 

http://support.vzw.com/faqs/iphone/iphone_faq.html

0 Likes
teenybND

Can we get an update to this post please? It seems as though the $30 unlimited plan is the only available option. Is there even a chance to get the $15 150mb plan on the iPhone? If I waited to order until later in February and went into a Verizon store to buy my iPhone instead of ordered online, would the chances be greater?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
MsWare26
Contributor - Level 2

teenybND wrote:

Can we get an update to this post please? It seems as though the $30 unlimited plan is the only available option. Is there even a chance to get the $15 150mb plan on the iPhone? If I waited to order until later in February and went into a Verizon store to buy my iPhone instead of ordered online, would the chances be greater?

Thanks for any help.

it has already been confirmed that the iphone will require the 29.99 unlimited plan

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

no. they did away with that plan as it was just a promotional thing. the only way you could have done it was to get the promotion with a different smart phone last month, and then buy the iphone for retail price and activate it on the line that you had the $15 plan on. and i'm not even positive they would let you do that?

0 Likes
teenybND

OK. Thanks everyone, appreciate your help. I won't be getting an iPhone now! Too bad.

0 Likes
kyomagi
Enthusiast - Level 3

i'll said it once, i'll say it again, if you want the 150mb option, YOU DONT NEED A IPHONE

0 Likes
Andy999

I have to say your completely wrong when you say "l said it once, i'll say it again, if you want the 150mb option, YOU DONT NEED A IPHONE"

I'm in wifi all day at work and also when I'm home but still need a phone and don't want to carry both a itouch and a phone.

Plus I want the camera and gps, etc. and I want it all in an ios device.

$30 x 12 would be $360 out the window for me every year and I could live with less than that but for me it's a deal breaker and it wouldn't kill them to have a $10/month plan.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

im assuming the gps would be used in the car

usually they dl the maps as you go, therefore you need the data

0 Likes
gibeachhead

I've heard rumors that the current $30 unlimited data plan is only temporary, AT&T has no unlimited data plan....so Verizon hopes they can get customers who want on iPhone on their service since they have unlimited data.

Supposedly in a few months or less (once iPhone hype has died down) Verizon will institute a new tiered data plan similar to AT&T, which should introduce a data package around the $15 mark. Any current iPhone users under the $30 unlimited plan could switch the the cheaper plan when it is released, but they would forever forfeit the unlimited plan since the $30 plan would be replaced with a 2GB limit or something along those lines.

0 Likes